Dances with wolves ???

by Brummie 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brummie
    Brummie

Was there a WTower book or mag that suggested that Jah brought all the animals in front of Adam in order for him to choose a sexual partner from amongst them? yuck.

I swear I read one when I was a JW, I'm trying to find the documentation.

Brummie

• Satanus
    Satanus

Likely some early wt material.

• Brummie
    Brummie

SaintSatan I believe this was a 70's or at latest 60s book. Cookie either way

• starScream
    starScream

I don't doubt the Watchtower is that dumb but I think we would have heard about it if it really happened.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The way I heard it had nothing to do with sex. I seem to remmber a Jewish midrash about how none of the animals proved to be a suitable PARTNER (no sex mentioned) for Adam. Another interesting discussion in mystic Judaism is that Eve was not built up out of a rib, but rather taken from Adam's side, almost like they were Siamese twins...but the more proper way for the Jew (and us) to understand this is that humanity was created complete, with both male and female emotional (and physical???) attributes. This gives a more clear understanding as to the man cling to his wife and the two becoming one flesh. Like they said in Jerry MaGuire...you complete me. We would, if this were the truth then, find our fullest expression as human beings and creators of God by being married (and doing the Wacka Do a lot).

Just some other insights into the question.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks Yeru, perhaps it didnt mention sex then but rather Adam choosing an animal as a partner or as a "mate"...strange, I must have interpreted it wrong, but I remember being young when I saw the article so that would explain. Would you have the article date?

*Imagines adam running naked with a pola bear*

Brummie

• Satanus
    Satanus

Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God, 1966, pg 45 to 47, par 22 through 24.

"(22) Before God created anything new, a woman, God left the man free to determine whether there was a suitable companion for him among all the lower animals."

Wt January 1907 pg 13

The creation of mother Eve is a further testimony in contradiction to the Evolution theory, for had Adam been merely a higher type of monkey no doubt he would have found companionship amongst the monkeys; but the Scriptural account is that he was so far superior to all other creatures that he had no companionship amongst them. They were his servants, under his control, but none of them suitable to be a helpmate for him; hence the declaration of the particular formation of Eve as a part of Adam, to be his companion and joint-heir with him in the blessings of the Lord.

Unfortunately, 'life everlasting' isn't on the wt cd. Maybe somebody has the fuller quotes.

SS

• myself
    myself

I just remember a publication saying the animals were brought before Adam so he could name them... Maybe my mother read us her own edited version.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    God left the man free to determine whether there was a suitable companion for him among all the lower animals

Too weird! It was a similar line of reasoning to the article I read, maybe this was it. It implied that if man had determined that an animal was a suitable companion or "mate" then it would have been fine for him to choose one! I do have the Life everlasting book, I'll check it out when I can find it.

Thanks SS.

Brummie

• myself
    myself

could it have been in the salmon colored paradise lost book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit