What Is The Most Popular Belief That Suckers People To Become JW's?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Hi Minimus:

Another serving of anti-JW propaganda?

That's why they say,"I want THAT mansion in the new system".

The implication of this statment is that ALL JW's feel that way. Who are "they"?

Some people like mansions some don't. And who says there is anything wrong with a desire for material things. Since we are "material" beings you can pretty much figure that just about everything we do has as its aim the satisfaction of some "material" need.

• Beans
    Beans

Eternal Life = Eternal Sex

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• minimus
    minimus

WELCOME Q....Great 1st post!!!!........Proplog, I've been a Witness for over 45 years and I have heard that comment countless times. As far as looking forward to jumping in "mansions" of dead, wicked people that are supposed to be slain by Jesus, Jehovah, the angels and the anointed, all I can say is "Shame on you, if you think this sounds Christian".

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

The everlasting life hook has to be the top draw. That of course is only attractive with the growing young again - unless you happen to be younger than 30 already then in that case you grow old - to 30. You would think that in a 'perfect world' you'd not only be able to pick your age but change it at will. :)

If you are 5 or 6 then they hook you with the desire to play with the lions and tigers.

Housing: I too remember jw's talking about how they'd own all the nice new homes in the richest areas of town(s). Then one day my mother said something that took me aback and still gives me the chills. She mentioned how in all likelyhood, the armageddon survivors would live in ASSIGNED housing! Like the NY WT housing of this old system! That's paradise???? Scenes of '1984' flash through my mind.

..knew I forgot something.
    I was also told that sex would be a thing of the past too. Jehovah would just remove that, uh, desire. lol Again, that's paradise???

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

A paradise Earth......among other things.............

• proplog2
    proplog2

Minimus:

The idea of living in houses that others built and eating from vineyards you didn't plant is an often repeated theme in the Hebrew Scriptures. If you believe the Bible it is a matter of justice that those who are persecuted and therefore "last" will be "first" including the use of goods accumulated by those that God judges as wicked.

The Christian presumes that Jehovah judges righteously and anyone he destroys really deserves it.

So YES without shame I can say that for some this may be a Christian Attitude. Rather simple-minded but Christian never-the-less.

So now that I have cleared this up we can return to the point you are evading. You hate the Watchtower and play the game of "ain't it awful..." Well, "It" isn't awful to those who like it.

• priscilla
    priscilla

I have to agree with one of the post, that those who are poor and uneducated are most at risk, This is the hook I believe that caught my husbands parents when he was a small child.

As for myself, I think I'll just stick with going to heaven and serving Him (God) there. And I'm kinda thinkin that the white robe will be cool, don't have to worry 'bout what I wearin today! By the way, if Paradise earth didn't work the first time, what makes them think it will work the 2nd, actually 3rd? Just wondering...

In Christ,

Priscilla

• minimus
    minimus

"It isn't awful to those who like it".....Proplog, if that's how you feel then, good for you. I think the organization sucks, in case you think I might not be sticking to the point. And CHRISTIANS didn't go into people's homes to take whatever they wanted . The Jews did, though. So, act like the Jews of old because that type of action isn't what Christ would do.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Minimus:

You have made it clear that you are a propagandist. Let no one mistake your evaluations of the JW organization as an objective point of view.

And CHRISTIANS didn't go into people's homes to take whatever they wanted . The Jews did, though. So, act like the Jews of old because that type of action isn't what Christ would do.

Like a typical propagandist you resort to the strawman fallacy. You are misrepresenting a view that has been expressed by "some" JW's. JW's don't believe that it is "OK to go into people's homes and take whatever they want." Do you think it's ok for the government to confiscate homes & autos of drug dealers? I do.

So why would you deliberately distort the expressions of JWs on this point? You have carefully chosen misleading words and subtly include your own commentary. You are every bit as deceitful as you claim the JW's are.

That is what I detest in this forum.

• AlanF
    AlanF

The resurrection and living forever are probably the two biggest attractors.

Propglog2 said:

: ... So YES without shame I can say that for some this may be a Christian Attitude. Rather simple-minded but Christian never-the-less.

Which is precisely why reasonable people tend not to be Christians.

: ... Well, "It" isn't awful to those who like it.

Well, "it" isn't awful to those who like drinking piss from or being pissed on by a pissing man. Most people think this is awful. Obviously your standards of decency need some work.

Minimus, talking to Proplog2 is like talking to a slick member of the Watchtower executive office. You'll get nothing but bullshit. I don't know what this guy's agenda is, but he invariably plays the Watchtower apologist, using all their bullshit techniques of obfuscation and misrepresentation.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit