2019 Annual Meeting: more F.O.G.

by neat blue dog 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

After the new construction project is announced, Anthony Morris the Turd gives a talk where he arrogantly tells the audience to 'get over it' and get to work. He says relaxing is fine and 'im not trying to put a guilt trip on you' but you all need to get busy. No graciousness at all for the endless volunteer labor they demand for whatever new projects they dream up. (His voice is also a little slurred and constant stumbling of his words, which makes me wonder if he takes a sip or two to loosen up before going on stage, like his kindred spirit Rutherford, but that's another story.)

Then, David Sanderson gives an impassioned talk meant to whip up fear and emotion about the JWs in Russia and how the persecution is supposedly coming over here too. Oh, and AM3 also said that the Great Tribulation is 'very close'.

It's funny, in both talks they say specifically that the audience shouldn't feel guilty or afraid, but that's EXACTLY what they're trying to do.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Anthony Morris III gave a remarkable speech, kind of "keep your f***ing mouth shut and work for us".

His eyes were arrogant and his style was so strange. These guys are going over the top.

G.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Is it possible to provide the link to his talk? Thank you! :)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yes I too would like a link to this talk to see / hear and judge for myself though I don`t doubt your both assesments of the talks.

However it is good to see for oneself.

• HoodwinkedToo
  • careful
    careful

NBD,

I don't have the time right now to watch the vid that HWT linked, but one question:

Is this "David Sanderson gives an impassioned talk..." David Splane or Mark Sanderson?

Thx for the post.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    His voice is also a little slurred and constant stumbling of his words, which makes me wonder if he takes a sip or two to loosen up before going on stage

Could also be a symptom of dementia

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Working--on what? Do those working on it actually get to benefit, or are they putting all hopes and attention on these wasteful projects that should be on personal situations? As far as I see, they can take those projects and shove them all down the toilet.

• sir82
    sir82

Anthony Morris III gave a remarkable speech

Well that's one way to describe it.

It seemed like he was completely unprepared, that he had just scribbled 4 or 5 phrases on an index card 15 minutes before going on stage and "winged it".

He's never been a dynamic speaker, but he usually appears better prepared. He sounded like somebody's drunk grandpa after he'd been hitting the hip flask all afternoon at the family reunion.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I can't listen to any of those guys talk. It literally repels me knowing what kind of bullsh*t that they are spewing out! I suppose that some of my feelings of repulsion for them is that at one time I use to "hang" on their every word as if it were inspired. OMG what a fool!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit