A Common Mistake

by DJ 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Cass,

Why are you hijacking here? I have no idea what will happen to you as I am not God.~~ DJ

I asked a question that I would like answered. I am asking if I do not subscribe to your belief systems what does your religion teach will happen to me? If you think I was defending Gumby rather then trying to seek answers you are mistaken. I am asking as I have said before I am continually learning and would like to know what your chosen religion teaches. I am not asking you to judge me, yet what does your God say will happen to me. And if I am to be damned by your religion, in essence by your sibscribing to that belief system you are damning those who do not believe as you do. ~~ Cassi

DJ If you think I am hijacking then I am sorry. I am asking you if I do not believe what you presented as a "common mistake" what does your religion teach will happen to me?

• DJ
    DJ

Cass,

I see, I think? You are asking if a person does not believe in the trinity....?? I will say it a again. I am Not God.........You are asking me to judge others based on their understanding of the scriptures? I won't do it, Cass. I cannot see the heart of man, can you? We have but One judge. Have a good night.

• Brummie
    Brummie

A little saying comes to mind here and I cant remember who said it but yada anyway:

Truth is truth no matter who denies it, something false is false no matter who believes it.

Thats applicable to anyone.

Brummie

• rocketman
    rocketman

Quite a thread.

Hi Cami.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hey DJ!

yes I know the word Catholic means Universal. However, since the Universal Church started when Constantine, the Roman Emperor, declared Christianity the State Religion of the Roman Empire, technically the Church was the Roman Church. Of course you are right about the schism not being until after the year 1000, and the Church had no reason before that to differentiate which 'flavor' it would be. Roman Catholic was only the geographical denomination, unlike today.

Ravyn

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

DJ,

He emptied himself and took the form of a servant.....but He was also in the form of God and He also did not expect us to grasp or seize that concept. See Philiipians 2:5-8.

Physically He had the form of a man, inside He was the power, mindset, goals, etc., of the Divine? Or is it as you say, a concept humans can't conceive of?

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Kingpawn,

I think that Phillipians 2: 1-11 sums it up best. Keep in mind that some bibles translate the word that I have below as "robbery" or the NWT has "seizure" The bible I am quoting from now (RSV) uses the word "grasped". All of the words are correct imo, ans all make the point. I never understood the sentence highlighted below in the NWT because seizure sounded odd to me but when I checked other translations out..I could see that seizure fits but it also seems to be purposefully used to cause confusion. I don't know if I just mad esense to you or not.lol..

Phil.2: 5-11 Have this mind among yourselves which was in Christ Jesus, who though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. therefore God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

There it says that Jesus knew that we would have a hard time grasping or seizing that He was equal to the Father. Notice that he emptied himself and took the form of a servant of God the Father. He humbled himself. Also note that in Isaiah 45:23.....every knee will bow to God. We are not to bow to angels...(Rev)

Jesus was humbling himself in his subjective role to the Father, yet they are equal. That is what it says! I had a hard time with this at first but I had to ask myself if I was going to accept the bible truths or man's. I decided to accept the way that God has revealed Himself to us, whether I fully "get it" or not. Jesus knew that we would have a hard time getting it and it seems that He was right again! IMO, the jw's can't get it either, so they decided to "fix" it by twisting scriptures and adding [other] there too again! Why can't they see that Jesus knew we would have a hard time "seizing" this truth?? I think it is their pride in the way. They need to reason and understand everything. Yet, how are we supposed to be able to understand fully what God can do or be....we don't have his same thoughts, do we? He has revealed Himself and still people want to deny that. We humans are really messed up sometimes....lol...

• DJ
    DJ

Cass,

Snatched away were not my original words. Gumby referred to himself on another thread as being "snatched away" Sorry if that wasn't clear. dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit