What’s Your Opinion On The News Media?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

Were they ever unbiased? I remember Walter Cronkite throwing objectivity to the wind in his coverage of the Vietnam War and that was awhile ago

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Interesting, I thought the UK was pretty liberal in the press."

A couple of Newspapers like to give that impression, but they are not, and as I already explained, our T.V ( and Radio actually) are controlled by the same Billionaire interests.

The Main Stream Media here is corrupt, and will not let Truth get out to the Public.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s too bad you can’t get the news unadulterated.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

We have a Public Broadcasting Company that is a disgrace, it always has supported the Establishment Right Wing - er, no. The BBC is left-wing. It even admits as much.

Just check out the number of times Question Time had 3 Remainers vs 1 Brexiteer on their panel. It was actually hilarious listening to David Dimbleby announcing the EU referendum result. He spoke as if he was at a funeral, lol.

• minimus
    minimus

I understand how a news agency might be right or left. Still report the news!! Whether you like it or not or it doesn’t quite fit your agenda, be unbiased. You can editorialize later.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Left Wing BBC never suggested that Jeremy Corbyn was an antisemite, and by inference the rest of the Party. The Left Wing BBC has done a wonderful job of holding our very Right of Centre Government to account since it was elected.

Look at the number of times Laura Kuenssburg has put Johnson and various Ministers on the ropes by asking the right questions, about the unnecessary deaths, the late lock Downs, the lack of closing our borders, oh,. how I remember how they squirmed !

And that Andrew Marr ! so incisive about the £37 billion wasted upon a test and Trace system that didn't work ! and asking where the money has gone ! grilling ministers about giving PPE contracts to their mates , for PPE which never turned up, or when it did was unusable because it was out of date !

I had forgotten all those news programmes........ er...... did they ever happen ?

Surely with a left Wing BBC they did ?

• minimus
    minimus

I guess I always connected the BBC as the typical news agency. So I assumed Britain was pro left in the majority of the news media.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

'They taught me in high school history class about how the press started the Spanish-American War by reporting that the Spanish attacked a US ship, which never happened.

We have fallen into a cycle of yellow journalism that Pulitzer began. Pulitzer created the Spanish-American War by making up shit to sell newspapers. The famous Pulitzer Prize given by Columbia University is named after the father of yellow journalism – go figure!'

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/corruption/the-bbc-caught-fabricating-news-to-start-war/

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    I trust Mainstream News Media (MSM) as much as Watchtower media.

I worked with 2 Gilead students, they'd show up around 2 hours before quitting time at the factory, after their Gilead classes. Toward the end of their stay, they found the latest Mag. article on their class, and both were 'quoted' in it.

1st guy would say, 'I didn't say that', then laughter. Followed by the 2nd student saying, "I didn't say that either,' with more laughter. And that's how it was, for those 2 hours, over and over again.

And that's all they could do was laugh. Had they raised a stink over being lied about, their 'spiritual lives' would have ended right then and there!

The other Bethelites on the floor heard them, but didn't say anything, why? We were all zombies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit