How Do You Feel About Jehovah's Witnesses???

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeofGuilt
    FreeofGuilt

I used to be a Fake JW @ one time, so I cannot say that I hate them. Most of them are just brain-washed by the teachings, but some of them know it's crap, & prefer to stay fake to please their family members/friends. The whole organization as a whole makes me sick!--Kristine

• Bibbitybobbityboo
    Bibbitybobbityboo

Francois don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel! ... By the way, WELL SAID!

While I still love my JW family I do hold them in contempt for their horrible actions in shunning my mother (who never recovered) and how they treat non-JW family (Like garbage). Most of these people are not stupid and must know deep down inside that what they are doing is wrong and so unchristian. But they cover their eyes with false righteousness so as to not have to deal compassionately with people who have real problems.

I think JW's are, as a whole, very selfish people.

JM2C

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hmmmmm...considering that I am on the cusp of Gemini and was raised by a schizophrenic, I have to say I have a rather bi-polar colored judgment of them now---and yes I DID say that naughty "j" word.

(I have no problem 'judging' as long as I feel I have all the facts and am able to be subjective--meaning that it is MY judgment alone and not something I should try to preach and convert others to.)

Depends on the day. If the Borg does not impact me, I am ambivalent. But if they intrude on my personal freedom or that of someone I care about, I cannot come up with adjectives strong enough to convey my sense of total disgust and hatred. They are fundys. I feel this way about all fundys, no matter what religion they hide behind. I hate arrogance and ignorance more than anything in the world. Anyone, religious or not, who thinks they are better than anyone else makes me sick. It is one of the rare things that can actually push me into sheer rage and violence. (I know my limits, which is why I do not have any guns in the house at this time.) I would never never start anything, it is not in me to be an offensive player. However I will defend to the death. And I have to admit I have had fantasies of violence against the Borg in retaliation(and other fundys). BUT that is not every day, not even every week or every month. For the most part I lead a peaceful and calm existence and am happy with my life. They better not start with me is all, because I will finish it, and I will enjoy finishing it.

Amen Francois! (I enjoy your posts---I hope you are keeping a journal...it will make a very effective tool in your own personal journey and perhaps help others too.)

I hold my JW family MORE responsible than the Borg. The Borg is a corporate entity that is only being what all corporate entities are--survivalistic. However my JW family CHOSE to abandon me and stay with the Borg. If I can see the corruption and sickness of it all, so can they. I do not comfort myself with the delusion that they are just well-meaning brainwashed dupes. Every human has one moment in their lives when they cross over from being led by the nose ignorantly, innocently, to making the decision to be led by the nose. They had/have the same choice I did, and they chose the Borg over me. It hurts. But it is also the point where freedom from the Borg becomes reality. Once you achieve the maturity in your own ability to judge good and bad, you are free. What a rush.

Ravyn

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I hate what the organization is doing to people, and I have an irritated contempt for the ones who buy into it so completely that they lose the capacity to reason on their own and act as robots with no thought for their fellow man. I have unlimited anger for the ones who use the rules to rule the people who sincerely think they're doing the right thing. I have love and pity for those who are trying their best but of course fall short, causing them to take antidepressants in order to make the meetings and feel guilty constantly because they are not doing enough.

I feel relief for me because I'm out.

Nina

• Mulan
    Mulan

I find that I am tolerant of religions of all kinds EXCEPT JW's. I'm working on it, but I despise everything they stand for, and most of the people too.

A few are really good people, but by far they are NOT the majority.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    A lot of JW's are "sneaky bastards". A lot of JW's just do what they're told, hiding nothing.

The ones who do what they're told are the sneakiest bastards of the bunch! Dedalus

• inky
    inky

What Francois and Bibbitybobbityboo (did I spell that right??) said also goes for me. I have been shunned and abandoned by my children due to the mind control of that organization. I have alot of anger towards them which will take me alot of years and alot of therapy to get rid of. I wish it were different but......

Inky

• DJ
    DJ

I find that I go back and forth on this one. I want to just view them as misled and feel sad for them and other times I get so angry at them that I truly dislike them. It is not just about false teachings either....it's more of an annoyance with their self righteous behavior and a general distrust for them in many common situations where your average unbeliever would rise above. They lie not only in what they teach but as a rule in life. They are unloving as a whole. There may be some exceptions but I haven't met any. The exterior is quite different from the interior. They are able to turn on the charm when trying to impress but when they let their guard down and their true colors show...it's like a jekyl and hyde movie. You cannot fake godliness without it catching up sooner or later.

• minimus
    minimus

DJ, It's called "theocratic stratergy"

• starScream
    starScream

Hate the WTS for its lies and crimes.

Angry at the attitude and opinions ALL JWs have concerning certain things.

Only frustrated with the JWs themselves, In large part due to the amount of time and effort that counts for nothing with the next one you have to deal with. In other words, it would be nice if they would "pass it along" instead of in one ear out the other - keep on misrepresenting the trinity etc....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit