Repeal of Internet Neutrality. How will it affect surfers?

by Fisherman 49 Replies latest jw friends

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

@hotabanero

I don't think I've mentioned Trump at all:) seems like you are a bit defensive over my opinion which really is like a**holes, we all have one:)

Anyway I hope for the best for all of us!

I really hope you are right and I am wrong, I'll gladly come back and say so in the months to come. I have ZERO problem admitting when I'm wrong:)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

20 days with no net neutrality. Supplies are getting low. Internet has almost run out. Only a matter of time before complete anarchy ensues. My bunker is almost finished, i can only hope to finishing prepping before marshal law breaka down. This may be my last entry

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Having been in the industry for more than 20 years - Yes this is very bad for the average person and for small to midsized companies, and to any new innovation.

Also if you think the effects happen overnight, you are not understanding the situation at all.

And to be clear, the FCC didn't rule against it - the Trump Appointed FCC chair who was put in place to specifically do this pushed it over the falls.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol carefull, ttddtt... your bias is showing. I also work in the industry. I expect you mean that you work as a web designer or some other ancillary industry. I work under fcc rules everyday, in dc, as it happens, so yes i am all too familiar with the heavy hand of the FCC. Im licensed 3 different ways by them for my job. Thats why in saving my internet for when the rationing starts.

sarcasm aside, your bias is indeed showing. You do know that three of the five commissioners of the fcc are political appointees... right? And do you know who appointed the villian of your story, Ajit Pai..? Nope. Not the donald. Guess again. Heres a hint: hes the only Kenyan born president... lol ok i tease, but Pai was indeed appointed by none other barack hussein obama. It was the donald who made him chairman, but he was already a commissioner

also you misunderstand how the fcc works. Your villian, Ajit Pai, has only one vote, not some ultimate authority.

Perhaps youd like to join me in my bunker? Theres still room but you have to bring your own internet. Im not sharing

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Log entry- 38 days after net neutrality ended. The world has descended into utter chaos. As predicted, internet rationing went into effect but wasnt enough. Now only the super rich have internet. The rest of us are left begging in the streets like north koreans for even som small scrap of internet. I havnt checked twitter in weeks. Word is passing this morning by man on horse back declaring the government has shut down. My bunker may not be enough. Im considering looking for a cave with large clean walls to begin recording my log entries.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Second, newer content companies without a lot of backing may not be able to pay carriers for these faster services which may stifle competition.

Yes, this is The real crux.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@_Morpheus:

I was able to regain internet access to all sites by signing my oldest son over to 5 years of indentured work to the cable company. So there are ways ....

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Damn mustard youve been had! There is no more interwebs. Net neutrality was the only thing keeping peace in the world! Whatever the cable company promised you, dont take it! Its all a lie man. Its all a lie.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@_Morpheus: Crap! Not again. This happened a few years ago too. Well, I am down two kids now. I should have checked first. Wait... no more internet. Then how are we.... who are .... we are talking here .... so...

Are you the government? You are the same damn government hiding the truth about the flat earth, aren’t you? Now you have two of my kids! And you are hired by the government to keep me blue pilled on fake sites like this.

I should have known. Damn your name gives it away. Damn!

• Doctor Who

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit