the way covid spreads

by stan livedeath 15 Replies latest social humour

• stan livedeath
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

Also people just not listening and getting with the program.

• slimboyfat
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It is going to spread - period. Virus gonna virus.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Death rates of cities during the Spanish Flu varied enormously due to different public health approaches. Death rates in the current pandemic vary enormously across countries according to policy of governments.

Public health policy matters. How people behave matters.

Border controls, quarantines, testing, tracing, isolating, masks, vitamin D, and best medical treatments = very low death rates (South Korea, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan)

Countries that don’t follow these measures have horrendous death rates: United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, Sweden.

• Simon
    Simon

This is a very different virus though. Spanish Flu killed the young and healthy, not just the old. Covid is barely a risk for most people unless you are 75+ and / or have existing health issues.

There are strong correlations with vitamin D deficiency that indicate that governments could have done a lot just by handing out cheap supplements to at-risk people. Just one of the many simple basic things they could do but don't, preferring instead to expand their powers of control over people.

The death rates in some countries have been higher because they have more older people due to the improved living standards and healthcare. These have been hard hit because of ineptitude by politicians (forcing care-homes to accept Covid infected patients) which created artificially high numbers, possibly for political reasons.

That some countries are lower is often down to unique factors - New Zealand doesn't have a large population, has the benefit of being a rather isolated island and a youngish population which is quite sparse. Comparisons have to be like-for-like ... I would put NZ down as being like part of Alberta for comparison wise, it wouldn't make sense to compare it to the entire US for instance.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Vietnam has a population over 100 million, a long land border with China, and is not among the wealthiest countries in the world. Yet only 35 people have died in Vietnam. How? They closed the border, quarantined, have test and tracing, and wear masks. If Vietnam could do it, so could we. Japan and Taiwan have older populations and are island nations, and have far lower death rates than the UK. Even now, at this late stage the UK could adopt the policies of Vietnam (where schools are still open, by the way!) and get a grip of this virus. It is incompetence bordering on criminal negligence. Even now with the vaccines rolling out, it turns out the government didn’t prepare enough glass containers for the vaccines. Vaccines we have been waiting on for months. This is an insane level of mismanagement it is difficult to comprehend. They should be fired instantly if they were doing any other job than holding political office.

Covid is barely a risk for most people unless you are 75+ and / or have existing health issues.

Diabetes, overweight, high blood pressure, and asthma are some of the “underlying conditions” as classified. Well over half the population fall under the category of having “underlying conditions”.

Around ten percent of people need hospitalisation and/or have significant health problems for months. For some it remains to be seen if they will ever recover. What kind of flu sends ten percent of people to hospital? This is a very serious illness. It deserves a serious response. Our governments in the UK are woeful.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i dont know of anyone who has been vaccinated yet.

i ran a poll on a facebook group--asking if people would be prepared to pay for the vac to jump the queue--a few said yes--the vast majority said no--that they would NOT have the vac AT ALL !

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

the vast majority said no--that they would NOT have the vac AT ALL !

I wonder how this is all going to play out eventually? The majority of my friends have all gotten Covid. I got it and didn't even know it until weeks later when I got tested. I have the antibodies and don't plan on getting the vaccine. I don't believe the New Media or all the Scientist on TV that say even if you got Covid you should still get the vaccine. They're crazy if they think I'm going to get an experimental vaccine for a virus that didn't even phase me one bit.

Sometime I wonder if COVID was created deliberately to cull the population somewhat so the elites can have more resources. I mean Dr Fauci has done nothing but lie since the very beginning. And he is suppose to be one of the Top Doctors in the Country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wthaOLsCzKQ

• Simon
    Simon
    Yet only 35 people have died in Vietnam. How?

Did they not pay hospitals more money to put people onto ventilators (killing them) and classify any and all deaths as Covid related? What were they thinking ...

I think once the dust has settled there will be some people and institutions that are guilty of manslaughter at the very least and there will be some prosecutions and some claims against them.

Diabetes, overweight, high blood pressure, and asthma are some of the “underlying conditions” as classified. Well over half the population fall under the category of having “underlying conditions”.

Many conditions mostly self-inflicted and certainly not helped by lockdowns. But given that these are such important factors, does forcing people to sit at home make any sense? Surely "get out and exercise" would be sensible advice and help the battle? Yet why is that clamped down on to a ridiculous degree? Same as vitamin D - why are they only now suggesting something so basic and obvious that has been common knowledge since forever?

Even the hospitalization figures are suspect. There are reports of hospitals being full to capacity but the stats are that they are lower capacity than average for the last 5-10 years and the staff have time to choreograph dance routines and people have wondered round filming and the buildings are practically empty. Healthcare workers have spoken up and been arrested. Something is not right and it doesn't make me "believe" what the government is telling me or more inclined to take a vaccine. Incidentally: have you _ever_ been to a hospital where anyone appeared "busy" or rushed? Other than some mass-casualty event, they always seem sedentary places - like a library with beds.

I think authorities fucked up after being played by Chinese propaganda and now know they fucked up. They are now doing everything they can to portray things as bad as possible to convince people to take vaccines so they can declare it over and over due to their efforts, not worse because of what they did which was mostly unnecessary. Worst case for them is no-one takes the vaccine, takes vitamins instead and Covid just runs it's course and disappears.

Note how the instance vaccines were here, there were reports of new super-strength strains, and yet at the same time they decide the vaccines can effectively be watered down and that's still OK and good enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit