can Satan read your mind?

by doodle-v 36 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

That crap was expounded for years (and probobly still is) to scare little kids witless. Unfortunatly, many of the JW adults have the mind of a four year old, and took it as true also. Thank heavens kids are smarter, and more critical than they used to be. At least I hope so. They used to scare me so bad, (five times a week), that I could not sleep at night. Every sound in the dark made me think demons were present. I was too afraid to look in a mirror, cause they said demons could use them for gateways!

I used to fall asleep on the staircase, because I was too frightened to go upstairs by myself. Funny how after my step-mom (the dub in the family) went away, the demons went with her!

• little witch
    little witch

And BTW, Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!!!!!

• SuzyQ49418
    SuzyQ49418

OK, this is a very old thread but I found it Googling what Jehovah's Witnesses used to tell me about whether or not Satan and the Demons could read your mind. They asserted it was not possible and I was just wondering if I could find any scriptural reason they provided to back up their reasoning. None of my Google searches provided me any such information. However, as I was doing this search another hit came up discussing another thing Jehovah's Witnesses would say, and that is that certain forms of "meditation" would open you up to demons taking over your mind. So, here's my question, in as much as "meditation" ultimately has nothing to do with "body posture" but with what is going on in one's mind, i.e. "what they are thinking", how would Satan or the demons even know you were engaging one of these forms of meditation, in order to posess your mind, if your body posture were not engaging any "traditional meditating postures". Even if you were engaging "traditional meditating postures", you could engage those postures without entering any meditative state, so the posture alone gives away nothing about what is going on in your mind. For the sake of arguement, let's say I'm simply lying prone on the bed with my eyes closed and my hands folded across my chest and, I decide to direct my thoughts into a meditative state. If Satan can't read my thoughts, how can he possess me if I direct my thoughts into a meditative state? He would have to know what I was thinking to do that, wouldn't he? I can't believe I spent 10 years there without seeing the inconsistencies in their reasoning.

• nugget
    nugget

I used to believe that God could read your mind but Satan couldn't. I know it was mad but that is what being in a bat shit crazy religion does to a person.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Satan knows, it's easy.

Sex, sex, sex, money, power, power, lazyness, fear...

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

Once i was telling a friend about a worry of mine...she quickly hushed me with, "Stop don't let Satan hear you and use it against you"

I was pretty interested to know that Satan needed me for ideas. Maybe I should throw him off with false fears like my "fear" of living peacefully on the beach. I know I am very scared of someone else paying off all my bills....horrified!

If Satan wants to waste his time listening to me and reading my mind for ideas....well my goodness . Enjoy.

• jam
    jam

And I use to believe Satan could read our minds.. We were

dense. What kind of informtion could Satan get from the mind

of A JW believer??? Birds twittering...

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

Here is an interesting idea.

if we are giving satan all his ideas through our thoughts and spoken expressions....then are we not .....Satan!

oh my. Lions and tigers and bears.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let me ask him, I'll get back to you.

DD

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah, that's right the prince of darkness likes to read the minds of JWs because there is no better minds around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit