Letter Read Last Night

by Intuit39 19 Replies latest social current

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

LOL!

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Are you sure it was Patterson? I know that when the "Educational Center" began, the town was quite opposed to the project, and only agreed to it because they thought they would be getting some commercial benefit from the project. As I recall, that was the primary purpose of the Patterson Inn onsite - to generate taxable revenue for the town. In reality, not much revenue has come from there, as far as I know.

Wallkill is a much more likely place to build a printing operation.

• SYN
    SYN

Francois, more importantly, where are they going to get the electricity to run the mill after all the power stations have been flattened by the fist of Jehover?

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Same old stuff different decade.

Back in 1988 or 1989 there was a special assembly given in Corvallis that I attended. The topic was why they had to upgrade from the old lead plate machines to new offset type printing presses. I was baffled as to why there was no head scratching why the need for new presses with the end sooooooo close. Also part of the talk included a presentation of the new MIPs that allowed them to print other language characters much easier. The point was made that they had the patent on this technology and were sharing it freely with other printing companies.

Did a bit of reasearch and they didn't hold the patent. What had happened is someone possibly had copied the methodology used in creating fonts for the new graphical user interfaces. I was shocked how blatent the misrepresentation but was swallowed whole by most in attendance. Alas I wandered off the topic.

Simply put same old crap, different decade, and btw the end is so very near you should put your life on hold.

Goshawk of the just finished my finals this term class.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm thinking they're not building their own presses, that's a fairly involved process. However, ya gotta wonder why it is that they aren't recouping a lot from selling the old presses. In the long run, if that flat out buy four 4color offset presses, the figure probably ain't too far off the mark if they plan to own them outright.

I thought there was a post not too long ago about them selling off a lot of property in Brooklyn. The Borg does about 700 mil a year from a post here last year, they can offord 60 mil with no problem...but it's more fun to con the "friends" into giving them the money. The congregations should "loan" it to the GB at 5%.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    Does WTS pay property taxes in Brooklyn? They'd have to be astronomically high. On the other hand, they have prime real-estate there. If they totally vacated brooklyn and sold their properties, they'd make more then enough money to pay for new facilties in Patterson.

They pay 0 taxes. The City of NY would probably get out of its current fiscal nightmare if the WTS packed up and sold the buildings... the tax revenue alone might reopen some firehouses closed recently.

They would get a mind-boggling fortune if they sell. They would have enough money after selling their PRIMO Brooklyn waterfront properties to hire lots more lawyers to protect pedohpiles expand the World Wide Work(TM).

LEAVE!! Good riddance. PLEASE sell the buildings to tax-paying companies.

PurpleV of the Get Them Out of NYC Please Class

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Yeah. Selling those properties in New York would more than pay for those new factories. That 60,000,000 figure is definitely a scam. Also, maybe they're leaving NYC so that their new bethel recruits won't go partying so much in the big city....LOL.

I can see them doing this to raise cash for the lawsuits, etc, like Met said.

ash

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Also, maybe they're leaving NYC so that their new bethel recruits won't go partying so much in the big city....LOL.

You know...

I realize you said that as a joke, but I wonder how much those at the top obsess about controlling the behavior of their Bethel underlings...it would be so easy, in NYC to 'escape' to bars, nightclubs or parties and live a double life...and so hard to do so from out in the middle of nowhere.

• dmouse
    dmouse

JWs are essentially survivalists at heart - people who believe that a serious calamity is about to occur and only they they have the foresight to prepare for it.

And no survivalist worth his salt would ever go near a prime target like NY.

911 was a wake-up call to the GB and they don't want to be in the heart of 'the world' when big J shoves His dagger in.

Members of the Bethel family working on the latest Watchtower while the twin towers burn.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Someone already may have said this above ...............BUT!

It's been pointed out on another topic started by Dogpatch, that Furman complex is up for sale!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/53565/1.ashx

Silly question but, why would the WTS want to ask for help funding the new printing factory?!!!!!!

The sale of Furman building will more than cover the costs!

Qwerty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit