Disfellowshipped ones who die before the "last minute repentance"

by jonahstourguide 12 Replies latest social humour

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi all.

I've posted this in Humour given that most of jw doctrine changes and flip flops are just so.

As stated, if there is now to be a 'last minute redemption'.What happens to the aforementioned folk?

Cannot wait for a explane-ation.

Am I the only one giggling at this??

So, thoughts, how would they explane this concept away??

jtg

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

It used to be that if you were disfellowshipped and died before Armageddon you would be resurrected unless you were really really bad. There will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteousness.

but what if you didn’t die just before the end? This wouldn’t make sense and be unfair.

now they are saying pretty much everyone will make it through and then during the 1000 year reign everyone can decide if they want to live in paradise

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia

take every new or revised teaching with a pinch of salt. let's just wait and see. plus i am sure that many have been unfairly disfellowshipped by imperfect men who have their own agendas - God is merciful

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

This softening up may bring the official teaching more along the lines of what most jws actually seem to believe, certainly what they would tell outsiders if asked.

But, oh boy, Jehovah's chariot may be running away with itself - if everyone gets a chance of being saved in the end, what exactly is the hard-hitting judgment message?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It always struck me as unfair that the 8000000 faithful JWs who survived Armageddon were rewarded by labouring for 1000 years to rebuild the ruined Earth so that it would be habitable for the 8000000000 who died. Still under the direction of the GB. All those old pictures of the Paradise Erf. Plenty of wooden houses being built, but nary a sawmill in sight.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At least we are getting a more honest answer .... When asked all these detailed questions they seem to be saying.... “ Er..... how the heck should we know? ( shrug )

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

What if, just as Armageddon begins, a DF person has a heart attack from the realization that it is the end? Does Jehovah watch them intently to see if they actually died before or after it officially began?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""What exactly is the hard-hitting judgement message?""

Um .....

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Last minute of what?

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

Imagine David karesh and hitler having a study after the GT. The WT doctrine is so full of holes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit