Lightning strikes my house, again!

by avengers 17 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

Yesterday the 4th. of June at approx. 16:20 lightning struck my house in an awesome thunderstorm.
    Power went out right away. It was FLASH, light all around, AN INSTANTANEOUS BOOM, and everything went quiet.
    In my house I have 6 computers running continually in a network. They immediately shut up.
    ISDN Network stopped working. Still doesn't work. Won't be on line until the earliest Monday. No telephone. Damn ISDN. This wouldn't have happened with an analog connection.
    Luckily I'm not dependent on the phone company to get on line; 'cause then I wouldn't have telephone, nor Internet. Lucky me.
    Took me a while to get the computers back on line. Now I'll just wait for the phone company to get my phone working again.

God must be angry at me for leaving the Truth. Think I'll go back and ask the elders to pray for me that my house won't get hit by lightning anymore.
    It's been long enough out here away from God's Organization. Bye everybody!

!! NOT. !!

Andy

gotcha there, didn't I?

The lightning part is true.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm glad nobody was seriously hurt. Computers and other things can be fixed or replaced.

Lightning is one of those things in nature that fascinates me. I love watching lightning and listening to thunder. One of the most incredible things I've ever seen was a severe snow storm that featured thunder and lightning; absolutely awesome.

Since this has happened to your house before, maybe it would be a good idea to consult someone about the problem, as it may pose an insurance risk for you or future tenants of your house. Just a thought.

Love, Scully

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Andy.

Sorry to hear about the lightning damage. Glad to hear no one was hurt.

Is lightning a common problem there.? You may want to consider some serious power protection with insurance.

You may also want to consider buying some lottery tickets .

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Andy,

Thunder storms can cause havoc for sure. When I lived in Arizona we had summer storms called "Monsoons" ( I probably spelled it wrong ) and they were wicked. Housed were hit all the time, taking out appliances etc. People that were savy put circuit breaker plug in strips instead plugging directly to the outlet to at least avoid total damage. Damn mother nature anyways.

Gumby

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Wow, I'm glad you're okay! We had lightning strike, of all things, our sprinkler system last year. Pretty bizarre. We didn't know what to think when the sprinkler system started coming on by itself when it was turned off. And if you messed with the controls it would come on at different stations at random. If we'd been deep in Dubdom we would have blamed it on the demons, but being sane and sensible apostates we just called the repair service and they told us that lightning had melted the control box.

Nina

• Aztec
    Aztec

I'm glad you are okay. I've had lightening hit my house before and it was scary! Just make sure you have lots of surge protectors and flashlights.

~Aztec

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

...lightening doesn't strike twice....you must really have angered the Gods...

• unique1
    unique1

Maybe you should invest in a lightening rod to absorb the shock.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Avengers, sorry to hear that.
    My ISDN was out of order twice by induction during a heavy lightning.
    Getting the electricity off for 5 minutes did the trick to reset the damned thing.
    Took still two hours before PTT Telecom told me what to do.

You are sure your ISDN smart vox (or whatever is the name) is "kaduuk" ? and this happened more then once to you ?

By the way, I am very sorry that I could'nt make it after all last Sunday. I really would have enjoyed meeting you and the others.
    I am still very curious who are the other Dutch members.
    Maybe another time in the future.

Regards,

Country_Woman

• Valis
    Valis

Pissing off Jehover again avengers? Dude, I told you had issues...why torment him so? *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit