Lightning strikes my house, again!

by avengers 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Is this what they call an "act of God" ?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I'll never forget it: May 24, 1977.

I was living in rural southern New Brunswick. A series of incredible thunderstorms (Severe) crossed over from Maine into southern New Brunswick. We had unseasonably hot weather that May. Temperatures were in the high 80s and low 90s.

Well, it was a Wednesday around supper time. The sky got real dark, and then we could hear the rumble of thunder in the distance, and then it got almost like night.

We lived in a dump of a house, and of course, the torrential downpour, caused the roof to leak. Our upstairs (where myself and all my brother's slept) was an obstacle course. Buckets/pails and other items to capture leaky roofwater, were all over.

We were having supper. Just my 4 brothers and myself. My father went upstairs, of course, to strategically place the pails and buckets. It was raining so hard.

Then: BOOOOOM!!!!!! associated with the brightest flash I had ever seen.

Then I hear a crash upstairs. Something was wrong!

So, I go upstairs. The thunderstorm is going like mad, intense lightning and eardrum shattering thunderclaps. The lights are flickering and I can't find my father.

I call for him, but to no avail. Then I turn on the light.....and he's laying on the floor...not breathing.

What happened was, he was upstairs when lightning hit our aluminum roof, found an entry point and travelled through our electrical lines and simultaneously crossed over from the light switch to my father's finger.....knocking him out, rendering him almost dead for a minute.

I found him, yelled at him, and hit his chest as hard as I could. He started to moan. I ran downstairs, called a neighbour, then the local country doctor. They were there within a minute.

My dad was lucky it was not a direct strike: it was indirect. But it was frightening. Considering my mother left my father only 2 days before, the uncertainty of my teenage existance seemed to be tenuous at best. I thought he was dead. I really did.

Oh well. That's my lightning story.

As for my father, he lived another 24.5 years. The lightning did NOT knock any sense into him either.

• viktoria
    viktoria

heee,Avengers...

Sorry about the lightning...hope you are fine and have things running again.

I am from Emmen too, I don´t live there anymore though. Maybe we know some of the same people.

Aren´t there any apostofests going on in Holland? I´d love to come to one.

I used to live in Barger es,

Viktoria

• berylblue
    berylblue

Glad you're ok

• greven
    greven

Heyyy my power went down as well, no serious or permanent damage however. It sure was one heck of a storm!

Greven

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

twice!!

Take warning. Repent! God loves you my son, He desireth not that he have to crispy fry you, but you must STOP mocking His prophet organization!!

• Cadaver
    Cadaver

Hope you get everything online!!

Glade to hear that no one is hurt.

I see you soon, andy !!

bye

• avengers
    avengers
    The lightning did NOT knock any sense into him either.

lol. I enjoyed your story. Great!.

You are sure your ISDN smart vox (or whatever is the name) is "kaduuk" ? and this happened more then once to you ?

It's fixed. The NT1 Box was kapot!

By the way, I am very sorry that I could'nt make it after all last Sunday. I really would have enjoyed meeting you and the others.
    I am still very curious who are the other Dutch members.
    Maybe another time in the future.

Looking forward to it,.......Ask Vivamus.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Andy

but especially RF.

He desireth not that he have to crispy fry you,

Yes It was the 2nd time. Oh no! The thiird time I won't come off with a warning. This time it's gonna be serious shhht. What shall I do? Do you think it's wise to contact the elders and ask them for advice?

Please tell me what to do. I'm in serious ,,,,,,,,, ahhhhhh.

Andy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit