Crisis of Conscience

by Cheyannesways 49 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

I purchased a copy off of Amazon.com I believe. I know Barnes and Noble can order it for you if they do not have it in stock.

I have not finished reading it. I read the first three chapters but to tell you the truth, IMHO it is a little boring. But, I am sure I find it boring because I cannot even remember all the WT information. Even though I was raised in the "Org" I never really learned the doctrines in great depth.

Honestly I am just too lazy to research and compare Franz's information to all the mumbo jumbo written in the org's publications.

I do not feel guilty or scared anymore that I am not active in the "Org". If it were not for my family I would have DA'd myself. I realize that all religion does is play with your emotions.

I will eventually find the time and energy to really read and do some extensive research just so that if my family ever confronts me I will have a strong case to present about the hypocrisy of the "org".

• Cheyannesways
    Cheyannesways

So Ray Franz is still alive then, right? As I read his book and came to know the man he was/is, I grew to really like him. He is a man with character and integrity and honor. Can't say that about a whole lot of people these days. Where does Mr. Franz live? Anyone know? Would love to send him a letter.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Ray does not want any part of his book online, he has made that clear to me and others. But if you want to read it, you can also get it online at the Watchtower Store also:

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.htm#crisis

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• KGB
    KGB

Heck yeah I read the book, I too could not put it down after starting to read it, It helped me tremendously in realizing the truth about that false religion. It has also helped me in confronting the JW`s when they come to my door......Its a really good book and every JW should read it, if they did and still stayed in then those are some real dumb ass people....

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Current bid US $8.51 Starting bid US $7.95
    Quantity 1 # of bids 2 Bid history
    Time left 11 hours, 9 mins + Location God Bless The
    Country United States
    Started Jun-02-03 06:17:32 PDT envelope Mail this auction to a friend
    Ends Jun-05-03 06:17:32 PDT watch this item Watch this item | you're watching 17 items
    Seller (rating)
    mj7591 alt( 33star)
    Feedback rating: 33 with 97.1% positive feedback reviews (Read all reviews)
    View seller's other items | Ask seller a question | Safe Trading Tips
    High bidder Private auction -- bidders' identities protected

I am currently winning this auction, but I find it interesting that the bidders' identities are protected. Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Rosemarie

• myself
    myself
    Reading this book also took a big load of guilt off my mind, too

Me too! It made me realize how much control they had thru putting ungodly fear into everyone, they just disguised it as godly fear.

I went to a local book store and they ordered it for me.

• free will
    free will

yes, i read both of his books. they really helped me.

• adrift
    adrift

My brother took my first copy years ago and never returned it, so I bought another late this winter from amazon.com. Do a search under used books. I see there are copies available. It's a snap to order and you can have it delivered to your door in just a few days.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Sheila:

WoW. I read two to three books every two weeks.

Harlequin Romances don't count as books! LOL

Craig (of the taking cover class)

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

My brother phoned me and told me about Crisis... about three years ago. He insisted that I HAD to read it but it took me a few months to actually make the effort to get it. I was kinda skeered to I guess. When I got it home I opened it up and started reading, like most of you I could not put it down till I was through. And man was I pissed! It made so much sense of all the crap we had drilled into us for all those years.

Some time later I told a long time friend about it telling him he "HAD to read it!" lol Took a long time before he did and even then it was with the intention of "exposing all the errors" in it. Well, he said he couldn't find any errors. He didn't agree with everything in the book but was impressed with the majority of the info. That book has opened alot of eyes and let so many see that they weren't "the only one" that felt something wasn't right in the WT world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit