Crisis of Conscience

by Cheyannesways 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Cheyannesways
    Cheyannesways

I am on the last chapter of this book! I can hardly put it down. Have you all read it? Up til now I thought it was ME...I thought I had a problem with the legalism, of making mans rules into Gods laws so to speak. To find that someone of his standing with his years of experience as a JW and with as much bible studying as he had throughout the years- someone like that felt the same way, ....well it leaves me speechless and somehow "validates" my own thoughts I have had all these years. Make sense?

• JH
    JH
    Have you all read it?

No, I never read the book. Maybe I should. I hate reading. I think that I read about 2 or 3 books in my whole life. Where can I purchase the book?

• Valis
    Valis

http://www.commentarypress.com/

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm in the middle of it, it's been a great read so far! I've had to put it aside to focus on my schooling though. My last class it tonight!

• borgfree
    borgfree

Cheyannesways,

I read it about 11 years ago. Like you, I couldn't stop reading it, I would put it down for a half hour then start reading again. After that I couldn't wait for his second book. I read everything exposing the WT I could find. It really helped me OUT.

Borgfree

• outnfree
    outnfree

JH -- Would you just go out and buy the book, damnit?!!! LOL -- You keep saying "I haven't, but maybe I should..." You SHOULD!!!!

Cheyannesways,

Reading this book also took a big load of guilt off my mind, too. I was very impressed by the tone of the book.

Funny, I had red flags go up almost as soon as I was baptized (probably before), that I just stifled because I wanted the dream of peace on earth in a righteous world. I should have listened to myself. But no, it wasn't just you.

outnfree

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

You know what, this week, I'm going to get it.

I have one book (ThunderRiders) to read first, then Ray Franz's book.

I know, somehow, in those 20 years I've been away, there are things I missed.

I'm convinced.

JH: Go get it! Or, click on the link Valis placed, you can get it there too.

• JH
    JH

Yea, I WILL go and purchase the book. Thanks Valis for the link. Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Is this apostate literature?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Damn skippy! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

No, it's written by a guy who contributed much writing to the Aid book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit