Suicide and JW'S

by obiwan 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

LyinEyes

I'm useless at this sort of thing, I can never find the words. I just wanted to say that reading your story made me feel so sad for you and your Mum. Angry too. I'm sure there are dozens of people here who've read your story and have been too afraid of hitting the 'reply' button for fear of saying the wrong thing. I'm usually one of those people but seeing that picture of your lovely Mum really made the difference - talk about her as much as you want.

Love

Nic'

• DJ
    DJ

Dede,
    Your mama was a beautiful lady and you do resemble her very much. I have a sister who is dark haired and eyes with an olive complexion while I'm a blue eyed blonde, yet we look alike. People can always tell that we are sisters. It is in the bone structure, I think. You have your mama's georgeous bone structure too and maybe the shape of her eyes and smile. I'm sorry that you lost so much precious time without her. She'd be so proud of you, Dede because I think that your mama knew somewhere in her heart that the jw's weren't the truth but she didn't have proof and she was probably scared to leave. The wt abuses and harms it's people so badly that they all end up either depressed or with panic attacks, etc. and then the doctors give out the med's which sometimes cause more harm than good. I wish so much for you to know how proud and happy for you that your mama would be. You have freed her grandbabies from a terrible fate. Poor beautiful lady, she would have been welcomed here and she would have known that she wan't alone in the world of pain and fear that the wt causes. I know that she is loved and receiving comfort now. I just know it. You seem to have her beauty inside too. love, dj

• ISP
    ISP

I think the suicide incidence among dubs would be a startling statistic. I am aware of 3. It would be good if we could start a database and keep a record. I am sure there would be some common elements to the experiences. I think the WTs gets away with a lot here. I also think a fair number of suicides take place without us knowing or anyone with a critical view of the WTS, with the result that they get covered up.

ISP

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Awwwwwwwww Nic and DJ, I just feel overwhelmed by "hearing" others talk about my mom ,,,,,and about how I feel not having her in my life. It is so strange but it is like, she and I are both here telling her story, I always did do alot of the talking for her when she couldnt....lol.

Since I left the borg, I have celebrated the good times I had with my mother,,,,,,,the saddness I felt , the pain of missing her , has been eased by being here,,,,,,,,,being able to keep her alive in spirit. I don't know if she is in Heaven , but the way I feel since leaving the JW's , is nothing short of some kind of awakening in me. This feeling of understanding her, feeling more at peace has been so strong that I have almost come to the belief that just maybe she is with me afterall.

You know what eles,,,,,,,,it makes me feel so proud that I have found a group of people that understand my Mama, that take the time to look at her picture, who can even identify with her on some level. And I hope she is smiling , knowing that ....... FINALLY........that she knows now,she really was worth more than she ever was shown , in her short time here on earth. It's just a beautiful thought that I hope is true, I just don't know , but it gives me hope.

Hugsssssss Dede

• berylblue
    berylblue

Your mother is just beautiful...and so are you. I'm so sorry for your pain, and happy you have found some peace

Rosemarie

• zeena1998
    zeena1998

Hi Lyin'

Or can I call you Dede? I'm brand spanking new here and I just read your post about your mom. She was a very beautiful woman and as many have pointed out here, you do look an awful lot like her! She would be so proud of you...the way that you've taken your pain and turned it into something positive. You are keeping her memory alive and that is a beautiful and loving thing. I am just so sorry that you both had to go thru that agony.

I wish that I could say more but I find that words fail me at this time. Just please know that you have touched many here with your story. Thank you for sharing it.

Andie

• Faraon
    Faraon

Sorry about your losses,

I think that there should be a thread or even a site dedicated to suicides, like this one. I have the idea that this will get people to start thinking about how cruel their organization is.

Basically, I am surprised that not many of them would take their pain against the organization instead of on themselves.

Their cure for everything is: Get more self indoctrinated. No feelings for people in extreme pain.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I feel so sorry for the hardships that people go through. I only wish that more people could be rescued before the suicide.. Life is so very precious.

Your life is important!

Be well and may God bless

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

You know I found a site one time , dedicated to all the lives lost by the JW's refusal of blood and other JW issues....... there were many suicides listed too. I will ask my hubby if he remembers where that site is and get back to you on it.

• FreeofGuilt
    FreeofGuilt

The Society never helps anyone with their problems.. They just make it worse with all of the guilt-trips they put on you.. They left me w/ no dignity at all. I came away feeling worthless & helpless. I can see how a person can totally lose it & feel that suicide is their only option. I almost committed suicide myself, but I see now what crap the JW religion was...-- Much sympathy to all who have lost .... kristine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit