Suicide and JW'S

by obiwan 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    To avoid suicide it is better to realize that a person has to take responsibility for their own foolish behavior.

--Proplog2

What a ludicrous statment. You condemn people for making an "unsubstantied" hypothesis on the suicide among a cross-section of religion. But, then you make a idiotic invalid statment about it being a CHOICE. What study can you point to that makes this claim. No psychological journals nothing has ever said this is a choice. I almost lost my Thunder damn it and he me so think before you speak

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

lying eyes,

sosorry for your mom . Elders are supposed to be loving shephards but their actions prove different. A lot of them are callous. Their only concern is their precious position not the welfare of the flock.

Thanks for sharing your mom's experience.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Thank you all so much for listening to me vent all these feelings about my Mom, I have really used this place as my own personal sounding board and I probably sound like a broken record. I really hope that somehow maybe someone who is thinking of ending it , just takes the time to stop and think before they go thru with it. I am almost 100% sure that the night my mom died, it was a kind of rash choice , that night. ALthough I am sure the thought had been on her mind off and on for years,,,,,it just probably all hit her in a few hours from my time estimates of when I talked to her and when I couldnt find her.

Sheila , I am glad that Thunder has such a wonderful wife, you are his rock I am sure, as he is yours. You two are very beautiful people inside and out and I can't imagine not getting to know you on this board. I thank God that yall are both here.

We tell these stories and show these pictures to make the subject of suicide not one of those taboo subjects that are hiden away ,never to be spoken. We tell our stories , so we can keep the memory of our lost loved ones alive, and that even thou they are gone, maybe in their own death, they can help someone to see how sad suicide really is and how much it hurts for so many years after they are gone.

Here is another pic of my mom and her favorite horse,,,,,,I love this picture , she looks so happy and we shared a love of horses......she was about 31 in this pic , she was only 35 when she died.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    You all can go to hell.

Thanks proplog, that was sweet.

~Aztec

• dedalus
    dedalus
    I still say that is garbage. I don't regret in the least presenting a rebuttal to non-sense.

Then present a rebuttal! "That is garbage" and "You can all go to hell" aren't meaningful rebuttals.

The name of this thread is "Suicide and JW's"

The implication of this heading is that there is a connection between the two.

I don't think that Witnesses cause suicide -- but they create an environment in which certain people feel trapped and helpless and desperate. In that environment, some people make the irresponsible decision to attempt suicide. These people are responsible for thier decision, but not for the environment in which they made it. That's the way I look at it, and consequently, I'm confused about your inclusion of the following quotes in your list of "garbage":

I think the suicide incidence among dubs would be a startling statistic. I am aware of 3. It would be good if we could start a database and keep a record. I am sure there would be some common elements to the experiences. I think the WTs gets away with a lot here.

What's wrong with cataloguing incidents of suicide for study? It's a rather scientific way to examine the subject, and it could either prove or disprove this poster's theory that "the WT gets away with a lot."

Their cure for everything is: Get more self indoctrinated. No feelings for people in extreme pain.

Why do you disagree with this?

The Society never helps anyone with their problems.. They just make it worse with all of the guilt-trips they put on you..

Why do you disagree with this?

It is amazing how this is so prevalent and yet they advertise that they are the happiest people on the fast of the earth. If that is happiness...give me the opposite.

Why do you disagree with this? Are you saying that all of these suicides people are talking about don't consitute a prevalent problem? Well, perhaps we'll never know, since you think tracking and investigating these suicides is "garbage" too.

Dedalus

• obiwan
    obiwan

Proplog..you first!

I came close to suicide, because of everything I lost all of it was jw related, it's very easy to ask yourself what else do you have to live for. Here,here dedalus I agree whole heartedly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit