Martha Stewart Indicted ! What do you think of her now ?

by xjw_b12 42 Replies latest social current

• shera
    shera

I have never watched her show or looked at any of her mags,but I must say I never liked what I did see of her. Women in high positions always seem crabby and BIT#$Y.

What ever she deserves,it will come her way.(mabey )

• Aztec
    Aztec

She may be a total bitch for all I know but she is an incredibly shrewd businesswoman and offers great products and ideas. I doubt she would be villified the way she has been if she were a man.

~Aztec

• Shakita
    Shakita

Aztec:

Man or woman...it really doesn't matter. Martha had insider information and knowingly sold those shares when she knew that it was WRONG. People like me who have their retirement investments wrapped up the in the stock market do not have the advantage of knowing CEO's of major firms with inside information of what is happening to affect a stock. When she acts on this insider information, she has committed a crime.....a crime against not just the federal government, but against you and me and the regular joe stockholder who is investing for their future. Sure, Martha has a cute magazine with some timely tips on how to grow your own herb garden, but she has to follow the same laws as you and I, or pay the price.

Mrs. Shakita

• Aztec
    Aztec

Shakita, don't get me wrong. If she's guilty she should do time. The same applies for everyone. I just hate to see the way she's mocked and derided all the time. They even had a stupid tv movie about her. If she's a bitch well, so what? It takes all types right?

~Aztec

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Always thought she was a useless bitch. Good riddance. At least the rich won't get richer---this time.

ash

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Martha was on the board of directors of the New York Stock Exchange when this happened. She has no excuse for such stupidity. She was forced to step down when this occured. She abused her position and power and hoped people would turn a blind eye. The NY states attorney, Spitzer, is after all of the financial people. Male and female.

U.S. News and World Report has a great article in this weeks issue on the NYSE and the abuse that goes on. She is not the first or last who will have legal problems.

• neverthere
    neverthere

I saw that tv movie, and you know what, I didn't think it was all that negative, it showed her coming through at the end, still being loved by her fans, which is what is happening.

She may be a total BIT*H but can't we all sometimes? I sure know I can.

Neverthere

• Aztec
    Aztec

Neverthere, I agree wholeheartedly! If she commited a crime she should pay the price but who cares if she is a bitch. We all can be at times. I can for sure!

~Aztec

• Shakita
    Shakita

Just found this....A letter from Martha to all her fans........

An Open Letter From Martha Stewart

To My Friends and Loyal Supporters,

After more than a year, the government has decided to bring charges against me for matters that are personal and entirely unrelated to the business of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. I want you to know that I am innocent -
    and that I will fight to clear my name.

I simply returned a call from my stockbroker. Based in large part on prior discussions with my broker about price, I authorized a sale of my remaining shares in a biotech company called ImClone. I later denied any wrongdoing in public statements and in voluntary interviews with prosecutors. The government's attempt to criminalize these actions makes no sense to me.

I am confident I will be exonerated of these baseless charges, but a trial unfortunately won't take place for months. I want to thank you for your extraordinary support during the past year - I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

For more information, please visit the special website I have established for you at www.marthatalks.com. I will do my best to post current information about the case, and you will be able to contact me there at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Martha Stewart

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Only Martha would think of her fans in a moment like this. She inspires me to go do some insider trading as soon as I accumulate millions of dollars off the backs of hard working decent, law abiding people.

Just a little rant from someone who is tired of corporate greed and dishonesty running rampant over the hardworking consumer. Sorry, I won't join her pity party, and it seems the feds won't either.

If I am wrong about Martha..... I will buy a subscription to her magazine, Martha Stewart Living.......I swear.

Mrs. Shakita

• Aztec
    Aztec

Innocent until proven guilty right?

I doubt I would like her much if I met her but at least give her the benefit of the doubt. She's just a person after all and I doubt most of us would hold up very well if held under the microscope of the media.

That's all from me on this topic, I promise!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit