Martha Stewart Indicted ! What do you think of her now ?

by xjw_b12 42 Replies latest social current

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

It seems Martha's stock value has gone down, as well as her status in the eyes of her fans.

Any opinions ?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

I enjoy her show. It's interesting, informative, positive and opens the door to reluctant do it yourselfers to trust in themselves and go for it. In my opinion, it is one of the best shows on television.

I hope she and her business survive this.

IW

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

She will be used as an example; stuff like this happens all the time. She was greedy for a few hundred K. Dummy.

She will be fined; I doubt she will do jail time. Too many other crooks get off with no jail for far worse trading/fiancial crimes.

I never did like her; now I have a reason to giggle at her. When she was on CBS, right after the story broke, and told the female interviewer she had nothing to say about it, while holding a huge chefs knife, I laughed. She looked like she wanted to plunge it into the poor woman's chest.

• obiwan
    obiwan

What do I have to say? Haw,Haw!!

• shamus
    shamus

Poor ol' Martha....

• unique1
    unique1

I have never liked her, so I guess my opinion hasn't changed. I have always thought she acted like she was better than everyone else.

• Valis
    Valis

She was a shrewd marketeer of her products, but I always thought she was cheesy....I don't think it would hurt Marth to spend some time redecorating a federal penitentiary...eheh they could probably use a new look...Martha Stewart does the jailhouse frock....*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• dedalus
    dedalus
    I enjoy her show. It's interesting, informative, positive and opens the door to reluctant do it yourselfers to trust in themselves and go for it. In my opinion, it is one of the best shows on television.

You know, I have to kind of agree. As I've mentioned before, I work part time at a television station, which airs her show, and I don't always mind it. She had a really cool segment once about building giant sandcastles. She's not exactly brimming with personality -- there is something pinched and severe about her -- but I have to confess, I've paid more attention to her show than I ever meant to.

I don't know if she's guilty or not, and I suppose I don't care -- it always seems that scandals like these are happening to people who live in a completely different America than I do.

Dedalus

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

On CNBC they discussed this and they think she will go to jail! They said she was offered a deal to plead guilty and do 30 days in a minimum security facility. She refused so they indicted her.

Her stock and company are on the line. Her board of directors cannot leave her in place while she is being tried and if she goes to jail.

Very interesting that the analysts are spending so much time discussing it.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think it's really sad. I don't care for her personality, but love her show and magazine.

I doubt she is really guilty, but there are so many people that are jealous of her success, or just don't like her personality, that she will probably get convicted. I sincerely doubt she will go to jail though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit