A little gem from the latest WT

by dmouse 21 Replies latest jw friends

• 88JM
    88JM

I just came across this great gem as well. A search on the forum seems to not indicate it's not so well known.

Also I think it's worth posting the paragraph that is 3 paragraphs down from the one in the last post. (make sure you check that out too!)

I was just going to put the last line here, but that would be taking it out of context. Still, if you just read the last line in bold, it's still a pretty great quote!

*** w03 7/15 p. 23 Think Straight—Act Wisely ***
    It is especially important to let God’s thoughts guide our thinking in times of stress or danger. Strong emotions like anger or fear can make it difficult to think straight. “Oppression may make a wise one act crazy,” says Solomon. (Ecclesiastes 7:7) It is even possible to become “enraged against Jehovah himself.” (Proverbs 19:3) How? By blaming God for our problems and using them to justify doing things that are out of harmony with his laws and principles. Instead of thinking that we always know best, may we humbly listen to wise counselors who seek to help us by using the Scriptures. And if necessary, let us be prepared to abandon even strongly held points of view when it becomes evident that they are mistaken.—Proverbs 1:1-5; 15:22.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Wow great bump 88! Never saw this before

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit