A little gem from the latest WT

by dmouse 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

I've just got to have this Wachtower!!!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Brilliant. Thanks for bring that out, almost on par with the legendary :

"When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?"

( Watchtower January 15th, 1974 p 35 )

• dmouse
    dmouse

blondie, I don't see a particular deception that they have in mind. The title of the article is 'Think Straight - Act wisely' and is a sort of generic warning to watch out for 'trickery of men', and not to let pride from letting the elders help readjust your thinking because of deeply held 'opinions'.

Here's another clip from the same article which makes you want to say 'excuse me?!:

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Me thinks they're talking about *gasp* "apostates" in that last snippet. They sure some of the rank and file have seen the reports of child abuse, so they're saying it's lies, halftruths, whatever.

• simwitness
    simwitness

Pot, this is the kettle... you're black.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm curious, how come the first century christians had "God's Word"? From what I understand they didn't have the Bible in our form, but letters from the apostles to exhort them, as well as the books of the OT.

Is this a case once again of the WTS putting everything in their context?

• fairy
    fairy

they only say that so people dont think for themselves

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Ok, any guesses on how many Bethelites in the Writing Dept are in therapy?????

How can they write stuff like this and NOT GET IT?????? Do they seriously not see how perfectly this describes them?

Or, is it that they do get it, and they are the world's biggest cynics and con men?

• rocky220
    rocky220

Gee! Eph 4:14 and 2Cor 11:12-15 sounds like the WT!!!!!! Hmmmmm.rocky220

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Posted below is this little GEM quote in full - If only JW's would "keep an open mind and carefully listen to what others have to say" then we would not be preaching to a deaf audience. What a difficult thing it is for them to listen and process information about the "truth".

I will definetly be using this quote with my family and friends to help them reason things through for themselves and not blindly follow...
    It is also easy to deceive ourselves. In fact, it may be very difficult to give up or even question deeply cherished opinions. Why? Because we become emotionally attached to our views. Then we may deceive ourselves by rationalizing-by manufacturing reasons to justify what are really mistaken and misleading beliefs.This happened to some first-century Christians. They knew God's Word, but they did not let it govern their thinking. They ended up "deceiving [themselves] with false reasoning." (James 1:22, 26) One indication that we may have fallen prey to this kind of self-deception is if we find ourselves becoming angry when our beliefs are challenged. Instead of getting angry, it is wise to keep an open mind and carefully listen to what others have to say-even when we feel sure that our opinion is right.-Proverbs 18:17.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit