A little gem from the latest WT

by dmouse 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

It never ceases to amaze me the propensity that the WBTS has of seeing the straw in someone else's eye but not the rafter in their own.

This little gem is from the latest July 15th Watchtower, page 22.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Fucking Witnesses.

Dedalus

• dedalus
  • IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

"Instead of getting angry, it is wise to keep an open mind and carefully listen to what others have to say-even when we feel sure that our opinion is right."

"carefully listen" ? hmm, OK.

"feel sure" as opposed to know for sure?

"our opinion" my god now their beliefs are opinions?

Thanks for the quote, just having fun with this.

IW

• blondie
    blondie

dedalaus, I think one f... phrase is sufficient.

I am wondering dmouse what the context of this snippet it. Did the WTS have a certain decption in mind?

Blondie

• DJ
    DJ

If they only practiced what they preached......and listened to others then, maybe they would be able to see how ridiculous they make God out to be. Their pride is in the way. They make God out to be a schitzo because they tell them one day to listen to the opinions of others and the next day forbid them to read their material.

• Francois
    Francois

"...if we find ourselves becoming angry when our beliefs are challenged."

Whoa! That's a show stopper! What exactly is it that the JWs do when their beliefs are challenged?

Well first, you get marked. And then you get a grilling from the so-called elders. And then if you don't shut your yap, you're likely to get yourself booted out and shunned by one and all.

Now if that's not becoming angry when your beliefs are challenged, I don't know what is.

What complete twaddle the JWs engage themselves in.

francois

• unique1
    unique1

What an amazingly intelligent two paragraphs. Sure is a shame they don't believe it applies to JW beliefs at all. That kind of stuff always confused me. They would tell people of all other religions to be open minded, but not their own.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Big talk, no action. It's a recurrent theme in jw land. They talk a great game sometimes, but it's all just that - talk. Talk is cheap.

rocketman of the cliche' class

• Latte
    Latte

I think this is rather good for reasoning with dubs....rather good...

Thanks for posting dmouse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit