JWs: No Infant Baptism! (just children)

by neat blue dog 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Here's a new article that came out:

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses baptize infants?
    No. The Bible does not endorse infant baptism. For example, it shows that before being baptized, first-century Christians heard the message, “gladly accepted” it, and repented. (Acts 2:14, 22, 38, 41) Thus, to be baptized, one must be old enough to comprehend what the Bible teaches, must believe it, and must have made a decision to live by those teachings. These are things that an infant cannot do.
    As children grow, they may in time choose to be baptized. However, to do so, they must understand the commitment they are making.
  • sir82
    sir82

I've noticed a trend lately that they announce the age of the youngest one baptized at an assembly, and I've also noticed that the younger the age, the greater excitement in the voice of the speaker and the louder the applause from the audience.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Probably not infants, but certainly underage kids.

Infant baptism may well be on the cards for these money grubbing perverts.

• tiki
    tiki

If you cannot legally enter into a contract...if you are a minor....baptism is illogical and should be considered invalid.

I was almost 17 when dunked and I most assuredly did not at that time fully grasp the lifetime ramifications. And I am no moron.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Just think about it. A fourteen-year-old baptized now as a JW would have been born in 2006 and would perhaps just now in (almost) 2020 be beginning to get a very rudimentary grasp of JWdom. He would probably have never heard of Fred Franz* and would know virtually nothing of JW history (including the old "generation" teachings, the failed predictions, the doctrinal flip-flops, the ruined lives of generations before him, etc.). For the rest of his life, JWdom would, perhaps with major consequences, hold him to a decision that he made as a naive, ignorant, immature fourteen-year-old.

And, in all likelihood, if he had been born into a Southern Baptist family, he would be a Southern Baptist.

* A couple of years ago, in a parking lot, I talked with a 35-yr-old JW who had never heard of Fred Franz.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

8 year old daughter one of the elders in our congregation got dipped last assembly! wtf!

just saying!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Given how sinister baptism is, I think the minimum age should be at least 21. This is not something you can discontinue, as a sex relationship. Once you dedicate to putting your soul into something this unnatural, something this detrimental to your well being and that of the planet, something this geared to enslaving the whole earth under Noahide Law, you are stuck with it. Trying to back out results in the hounders pulling you back in, and they will not take "No" for an answer. Either you get disfellowshipped and your life ruined that way, or they will find some way to force you back in at some point.

Not to mention the trouble you get into with Satan and the Gods. No, not possession and harassment (the angels do that), but they will simply cast you off and leave you to joke-hova (who will harass you). Anything under at least 21 is not old enough to understand that fully. Even their false jesus, who had nothing to lose by getting on Satan's bad side because Satan already hated that archetype of the perfect slave, waited until age 30 according to their own bible and theology. The model slave waiting until 30? Why are they baptizing 6 year olds then?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

WTWizard:

I honestly don't know what you're talking about but I'll agree with that last part, about how Jesus was baptized at 30. It's also worth noting that there were no child baptisms ever mentioned in the new testament.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The goal of baptism is to let them "get their hooks" into the youth so they have power over them to prevent them from leaving in the future.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    DesirousOfChange said:

The goal of baptism is to let them "get their hooks" into the youth so they have power over them to prevent them from leaving in the future.

Take it even further! The Society knows that having young children get baptized ( some as young as 8) the Society takes over the parent's authority. Being baptized so young, they can disfellowship young children for smoking, drinking, and fornication. They become the judge and jury on any problems young kids experience. It becomes easy to disfellowship any member than to try to work the problems out. Parents have no say-so to what happens to their kids as soon as the problems are known to the congregation Elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit