JWs: No Infant Baptism! (just children)

by neat blue dog 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ronin
    Ronin

I think in my opinion no one under 18 should get baptized.. If they tell us that for us to wait to be 18 to make our own decision why do we need to get baptized under 18 when it actually isn't their decision, it's the parents and elders. Getting baptized has to be decided by the person and no one else even parents or elders should pressure just because it's there child... Once he/she is 18 and wants to get baptized as JW hey at least it's there decision. There is a reason why Jesus Christ got baptized at 33... Even as a Elder I always try to tell parents wait until they're old enough to make a decision (which is 18 hahaha)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

However, to do so, they must understand the commitment they are making.

But we will accept a 12 or 13 year old who was brought in the faith from birth with their parents.

Like young teenagers are intellectually mature adults.

Corrupt assholes just want subservient control slaves under their feet.

When people (young or old) get get baptized, they make power for elders and the higher up the food chain spirits.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    And the most laughable part is that JW`s consider a baptised witness a Minister of God ? A male or female child of 10 or 12 is a Minister of god ? ~ Smiddy

But on a weekday for Field Circus, that 12 year old little boy who is a "Baptized Minister" will conduct the Field Circus Meeting for all those "lesser" women publishers who don't have a penis to qualify.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As is usual with the JW's they are no doubt using their chosen definition of " Infant". The medical community defines Infant us up to 12 months old, but the Educational Community says up to eight years old.

They certainly get close to the latter figure !

What is evil about it is that they are then insisting that the young child has entered in to a life-time, binding Contract with them and that they can invoke horrific sanctions and outcomes for the child later breaking that Contract.

Evil, conniving Bastards !

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Last really youngster i met who just got dunked-- you could just feel the snot nosed smart alec personality shining through. Cant wait for him to to get hair on his balls, they're gonna be big

• cognitivedizzy
    cognitivedizzy

true story

Family, two sons, one DFd due to him no longer believing this is the TRUTH, younger did not get Baptized but does crazier shit and is downright vile, cannot be DFd, family can have a normal relationship with the evil younger son, the elder one who left for sane reasons cannot have a decent relationship with them anymore

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I know of a 9 year old that got baptised. Home schooled. Gives obsequious answers. Does patronising 'presentations(TM)'.

Here's my prediction. When this 9 year old discovers sexual attraction, boom! Gone. DF. Becomes a meth head. Left the bOrg. But not necessarily in that order.

Sings: there may be trouble ahead......'

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

cognitivedizzy 4 hours ago

true story

Family, two sons, one DFd due to him no longer believing this is the TRUTH, younger did not get Baptized but does crazier shit and is downright vile, cannot be DFd, family can have a normal relationship with the evil younger son, the elder one who left for sane reasons cannot have a decent relationship with them anymore

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the elder one who left for sane reasons cannot have a decent relationship with them anymore

Sane people with intelligence, education and critical thinking skills, usually dont make good JWS

Its amoral ones with a lack of education, personal integrity, a tainted corrupt personality who look for the WTS/JWS to place a righteous white sheet over themselves , now that sounds like a good JWS.

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

sorry, wanted to qoute the Story of cognitivedizzy

anyway, I know a family in our hall, very similar Situation, one sone, babtized at 12, dfd at 18, no contact allowed, even though he is the most reasonable out of whole family. Another son, never babtized, did crazy stuff and caused lots of troubles, but if he occassionally enters KH, he is love bombed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit