What do you believe happens after death?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you believe that the dead are really dead, unconscious, without life, like the Watchtower taught us, or do you think that they are still alive, but in another world or another form?

Do you believe that you had a previous life before this one?

• rocketman
    rocketman

They're dead.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm in a silly mood today.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

<waiting for someone who has died to come back and tell me!>

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Excellent Question!

Imho, there are three ways to think about this.

1.The bible is right. When you die that's it. The end of the road. Everlasting Nothingness. Or

2.The bible is wrong (quite possible) When you die you go to another realm and in essence become a invisible spirtlike creature.

Of course it's also possible that your life's energy is simply transfered and becomes a part of the universe. Makes the most since to me because matter is neither created or destroyed. Take your pick! I guess we'll all have to wait and find out. Some sooner than others.

Merc

• logansrun
    logansrun

Good question. When we get right down to it, this really is what everyone wants anyway, right -- immortality? I mean, if you had your option of having a universe with God, but no such thing as life after death, or a universe without God and conscious existence after death who wouldn't choose the latter? Although most people think it is necessary for a loving God to exist in order for existence after death, this does not neccessarily have to be so.

Personally, I don't think the idea of conscious existence after death is impossible or illogical. Given enough time the human race might even find a way to download our consciousness into a computer and blast us off into space, living forevermore in the world of our mental choosing.

But, there is absolutely no evidence, to my knowledge, of life after death. Those "near-death experiences" and silly midday shows like "The Other Side" -- all balderdash. So, it seems to me that any belief in life after death is a matter of faith, nothing more. Something I put faith in? Perhaps. I'm reading Paul Davies "God and the New Physics" right now and it is nudging my worldview in a direction I would have thought unthinkable a few months ago.

Bradley

• shamus
    shamus

We'll meet Nixon.....

• JH
    JH

I think that it's all over at death, just like animals. While on the other hand God asked us not to speak to the dead.... Why would he say that if he knew that they were dead.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You become worm food......

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

....However, if there is life after death, count me in!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit