What do you believe happens after death?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Adrift you have a good point there. Also, I must say that a huge proportion of people are still ending up with shortened lives due to illnesses of one kind or another.

I have just been reading a book about mankinds advancement since the industrial revolution, an amazing book, and am inspired by what could be possible in the near future. Perhaps I am over indulgent in speculation but having left the borg, it is a luxury to have faith in something!

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

After many years of avoiding watching Sylvia Browne, I've now been paying attention as to what she's all about. I went out and bought her book, Life On The Other Side. She relates her own near death experience and numerous others as well as information her spiritual guide gives her as to what happens at death and beyond.

IT'S absolutely Wonderful, after the tunnel it's a true paradise and she states that we have been there before. It's Home. She also tells that our birth is far more tramatic than our death. Of course if your one of those people who are rotten to the core there's something in store for you as well, and it ain't all that pretty.One needs to believe in God and do good.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubbys ID

I know what the bible says and all I can say is I have to find someone that knows or can read Greek as to what they mean when they say they are conscious of nothing, or they know nothing. Could it mean, Pain? I don't know. When it talks about having no more wages and in other translations, no further reward. The NIV reference states: That the dead have lost all opportunity in this life for enjoyment and reward from labor.

another rather interesting book out there is "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot

• crownboy
    crownboy

Realist, you beat me to the punch .

I believe in life before death; everything else is just speculation.

• KGB
    KGB

I think it all depends on where we put our faith. I can not seem to fathom that this life is all in vain for nothing more than to live a few years and then nothing. No there has to be a reason for life and a reason for death. I on the other hand put my faith in Christ and know I will be in Heaven. Thank you very much Jesus.....For saving my soul

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

What you are saying is the same thing that the Hospice people teach.(Hospice is a agency that comes out and helps people that don't have long to live die at home) Before my hubby passed away in Feb. they gave me a folder full of information. One of them dealt with the dying process. It described the same detachment that you described. When hubby first started doing it he would cover his head with a sheet he had in his chair.He said it was more comfortable in there. He would even do it when company came over. He itched intensly and had to cover with only a sheet. It hurt me because I felt like he was shutting me out. But the booklet explained they have to detach themselves from this world. A lot of it was as you say. They want to leave their body.

Both my parents were the same way.

He became extremly aggitated before he went into a semi coma. I was afraid for a while that I might have to put him in a nursing home. But I didn't. He calmed down. Like it was his time to go. As much as it hurt me..I was glad he was out of pain. He had left me way before he actually died.

At first it hurt me that he was that way..but after reading their booklets...I felt so much closer to him. I understood what he was doing. Detaching himself. I let him be.

I don't have any idea what happens when we die. I have everyones opinions of what they believe..but I really don't know what I feel. I want to believe there is an afterlife..if only to see my love ones again. But my scientific mind says it isn't so...

I guess that is one of the pulls of religion. It gives people hope..real or not..

I don't know if we will ever find out. If there is an afterlife..we will find out. If not..we will never know it!..

Snoozy....aka..Golden Girl

• qwerty
    qwerty

This a post I started on a simular subject, which received a good response...............

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/47243/667321/post.ashx#667321

Qwerty

• Mac
    Mac

Bowel evacuation

• blackout
    blackout

In essence pretty much what Francois said, except I believe we reach a god state in each plane before we move on to be the single cell organism of the next plane and so on until.....we are all. Life is about learning, enlightenment and we dont move on until we learn the lesson we came here to learn.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I thought so too Mac...but Hubby never did!..Neither did my parents..and hubby was with me for hours before they picked him up!...I stayed with him and changed his clothes.

And laid next to him...and hugged him goodby!

But it wouldn't have mattered it he did!...I would have cleaned him up.

Snoozy...aka..Golden Girl

• Aztec
    Aztec

Snoozy, I'm so glad to see you here! I know you must still be hurting from your loss and I want to give you a big hug! Take care sweetie! You can email me anytime.

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit