Russian news article re: financial misdeeds of the WT in Russia

by OrphanCrow 31 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

money money money

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Corruption is practically an art form over there; therefore they know it when they see it. Which is good I guess. I am very disturbed at how the WT HQ are using the brothers to further their corruption and dishonesty in this case. Most JWs will only see this in the context that they have been groomed to see it in-but JW's across Russia have now been put in a very difficult position, and it is not about "spreading the kingdom message" it is about protecting the WT assets. Can you imagine how they will frame that little 'story'? Indeed it will be a particularly ripe smelling bit of fiction!

That black brother (missionary) from Africa or ? that was (falsely) a medical student before in Russia is on the JW channe (gilead)l bragging about his dishonest methods of getting into/staying in Russia. . . .. Can he ever go back? Is he there NOW? Does he have family there still? Does the WT know or care? The have "the Inside Story", right? They SHOULD. But this was released at such a time that they should have known better than to gloat about his false ploys to stay there. Furthermore, they are putting NON JWs who are legitimately there, under further scrutiny. Granted, a lot of religious groups play those games here and abroad, but for an organization to put men UP to such things is pretty rotten.

• Simon
    Simon

If it's true they were trying to move assets out of the country without people noticing and therefore without paying any proper dues then they were effectively money laundering.

It doesn't matter if laws are "fair" or not, they are the laws and any group that claims to be law abiding should abide by them. The bible verse about "paying caesar's things to caesar" was questioning whether they should pay "unfair" taxes.

So kind of a torpedo through some of their claims that they obey the laws of the land as long as they don't impact their worship. They sacrificed their worship for money. Nothing noble or victimizing about that.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

It appears as though Russian JWs are loyal to instructions from the org. As per the letter that wifi had linked to earlier in this thread...the Kingdom Hall in Novoshahtinsk was re-registered on March 31, 2017 to an individual.

The WTS has hidden the ownership of the Kingdom Hall property. And a certain JW in Novoshahtinsk now 'owns' the property. Just as instructed by the WTS.

Whew....got that one in right under the wire...March 31. Just in time!

http://www.go61.ru/news/1630855

* to add -

The person named on the property ownership will now likely be the one to have problems with authorities. This is such a set-up. The JW who is taking responsibility for owning 'extremist' property will have to take the heat and the org will get mileage from going around claiming persecution! persecution! look at what 'they' are doing to our brothers in Russia! Yeah...well those JW brothers aren't standing up for their faith - they are being asked to protect the WTS property. "Standing up for your faith" in WT speak means protecting the WTS assets.

The brother assigned to be the User of property, must possess the necessary spiritual qualities, and humbly support the decisions of councils of elders and are willing to cooperate with them. If necessary, a brother has to be ready to give documentation of paramount importance. The brother assigned by the User of property should be prepared, if necessary, bravely to defend the legitimate interests of the congregation, and not be afraid of meeting with government officials (police, prosecutors, regulatory authorities).
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Interesting. Thanks Orphan.

• Hecce
    Hecce

There is a procedure in place for this type of situation:

They will pick and elderly brother in good standing, with no personal assets. He will become the legal face of the entity or congregation, he will be just a prop. If something really, really bad happens he is the "sacrificial lamb".

This method has been tried over and over and it seems to work not that well.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The brother assigned by the User of property should be prepared, if necessary, bravely to defend the legitimate interests of the congregation, and not be afraid of meeting with government officials (police, prosecutors, regulatory authorities).

"BROTHER JW SCAPEGOAT"

Image result for scapegoat

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Whilst I fully share your skepticism of the WTS and its methods, I would only add that we have reason to have skeptism of the Russian State as well.

I would not take everything they say at face value.

• dogon
    dogon

I wish every country would ban the bastards. I would turn my own family members in for being in that fucking cult.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's an interesting tactic, if you read closely - transfer the property rights to an anonymous foreign entity and have it fronted by a local. How long before the foreign entity starts collecting rent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit