Russian news article re: financial misdeeds of the WT in Russia

by OrphanCrow 31 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The way that the WT conducts business in Russia, hiding ownership of property and moving money overseas, was a large factor in the JWs falling afoul of the Russian authorities. It wasn't just 'extremist' views that came into play, it was also their handling of money that was illegal.

This article is from a Russian news source - I had to use google translate to read it, so I have copied and pasted the whole article (I usually don't...apologies to the author of the article). If someone has Russian language skills, please feel welcome to offer a better translation.

The directive from the US: "Jehovah's Witnesses" operate in Russia illegally

April 21, 2017 20:57 Alexander Buzaladze

Lay low, to work illegally and smuggle billions of dollars in assets overseas. This secret directive came to Russia from the headquarters of "Jehovah's Witnesses" in the United States. On the eve of the Supreme Court admitted the sect of extremist organization and banned it in our country. Untold riches belonging to leaders of the sect, shall be confiscated.

Judging by the number of cars in front of the Moscow kingdom hall "Jehovah's Witnesses" - takes place in some kind of meeting or service.

We wanted to record the interview on the first day after the close of a religious organization, but we were not allowed inside the premises.

"Incitement to religious hatred, publication of specific literature that demonstrates not only that our religion is true, but a demonstration of the negative traits of other religions - the destruction of its moral and ideological" - so explained to ban the activities of "Jehovah's Witnesses" in the territory of the Russian religious scholar Larisa Astakhov.

Nearly 9 million believers worldwide. Sermons are conducted in 240 countries. Profit on one product only typographic extremist - billions.

"In every country where" Jehovah's Witnesses "offer to develop normally, we get about half a percent of the population belonging to this organization we have it in this case, approximately 700-800 thousand people." - said Astakhov.

In each city, Russia, in every major regional and district centers have Jehovist parish. Toptuny preachers, they also tax collector, foxes scratching at the door catch on the outside of potential victims.

Now that the extremist sect recognized - from the Brooklyn headquarters of the US secret distribution list has come to Russia.

"To us came into possession of such documents, which show that the" Jehovah's Witnesses "very actively trying to renew properties to foreign physical entities - the same" Witnesses ", only representing other states" - said Alexander Korelov, religious , chairman of the legal center of the Russian Association of centers for the study of religion and sects.

In short, almost 300 properties across the country, business assets, apartments, secret wards, vehicles - all this seems to be reissued and somewhere to cross.

"In fact, religion is there, as everywhere is on the second to the third plane Basically all the same, it is money and political influence in the country where they reside." - says Korelov.

Petersburger Sergei Ozerov for many weeks for the first time included in his apartment. Adopted son rewrote the apartment in favor of the "Jehovah's Witnesses".

"It is to this sect, come to him of its members, then they are going to constantly" - outraged the lake.

He does not understand how this could happen, but it can not do anything - documents and dedicatory already decorated. Son helped some clever lawyers.

According to Ozerov, they were from Brooklyn. The sect's son Sergei persuaded to give all that is, including flat - in fact all the same will soon end.

While in the situation dealt with the investigators, Sergei Ozerov live nowhere. I hope that the apartment be returned - almost none. For "Jehovah's Witnesses" is worth a serious law firm and money. And this is not an isolated case in the country.

Now, to save assets acquired by Jehovah's Witnesses seek moves increasingly black.

While we were trying to find another entrance to the Kingdom Hall, and found okolosektantskih "reshalschikov" - they are now and scurry. Seeing us, people in expensive shoes, and with the voice of the preacher decided to retire.

"Thank you, I do not like to communicate -. Why, tell me -? Well, I have already answered - What are you, have gone into hiding - No, I'm going on the ground -. Do you believe -? Good luck."

According to experts, a sect banned from Russia as just will not go away - at Jehovist ideologues in this case developed a very specific plan - lay low and work underground.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Just as some here speculated, and I personally believed had much to do with it, aside from the outspoken hatred of all other religion ( Russian Orthodox included of course).

I do think a total ban is helpful to curb new converts, and severely reduce presence in Russia, however, it does put that persecution complex in play when it is a complete and total ban to even meet as a non religious entity with conditions on hate speech and human rights violations ( in Russia, not sure how that works) anyway.

Complicated indeed.

Same with Scientology, severely cripple them, remove the $, but if making it criminal to meet, it feeds the persecution complex and actually endangers people who are blinded, mind controlled sheep ready to do the bidding of the "leader(s)" of the org.

• Hecce
    Hecce

The Cuban experience:

It was illegal to send money out of the country, the Society was using friendly diplomats and brothers that had connections at the Guantanamo base to do these transactions; they were more interested in getting the money to Brooklyn than the welfare of the local brothers.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5645973241987072/fidel-castro-wt?page=2

• wifibandit
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It's only ever been about the money with WT. Every decision they make, every revelation of nu-lite boils down to $$$.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Uh-oh

Somebody's in trouble ...

Sylvia

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ORPHANCROW:

Wow. The JW religion just looks worse and worse, although we should not be surprised.

I have NO use for them. Let them be banned everywhere!!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yes, Wifi, those are the letters that caused the org so much trouble in the Russian court.

You will note that the letters are dated in February - instructing the local congregations to hold onto the donations and "later, we will inform you what to do...", and the Administrative Center was inspected on March 15. They held funds in anticipation of being shut down.

It's only ever been about the money with WT. Every decision they make, every revelation of nu-lite boils down to $$$.
    Uh-oh
    Somebody's in trouble ...
    Wow. The JW religion just looks worse and worse, although we should not be surprised.

The WTS, God's chosen trumpet of truth, can never, ever do anything honestly, can they? It is always about skirting the law, pushing the law, and defying the law.

I think the WTS/GB wor$hip the god of $$$$. That is why their faces are all shiny - it is the reflection of gold. $$$ in their eyes.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Does it shock me?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They remind me of the hollywood depictions of the mafia. All nice and charming on the outside but murdering people and laundering money on the inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit