Accounts report at Circuit Assemblies to go away

by LevelThePlayingField 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I was at the regional convention and asked an elder why is that at the assemblies their is an accounts report but not at the conventions? He said, well actually they got a letter and in it said that in a little while they will do away with the accounts report stating how much the assembly costs for the weekend and just go to donation basis like at the conventions.

My first thought was, "they will donate even less now."

Anybody else hear about such a thing?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

They are just trying to cover over the fact the the weekend rental rate for the assembly hall recently went up by a factor of 4

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I don’t believe it. The only way they get people to donate is tell them theirs a deficit.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope people respond by donating exactly what the washtowel deserves. Which is nothing.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    Washtowel...

LMAO. oh how I have missed reading your rants WTWizard I guess I just miss them

Snakes

• Listener
    Listener

Maybe they are planning on putting more pressure for JWs to donate regularly, as much as they can, rather than in a ad hoc manner.

They mentioned this scripture in their finance meeting which was recently leaked -

1 Corinthians 16:1,2

Now concerning the collection that is for the holy ones, just as I gave orders to the congregations of Ga·la′ti·a, do that way also yourselves. 2 Every first day of the week let each of YOU at his own house set something aside in store as he may be prospering, so that when I arrive collections will not take place then

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This is interesting! I would like to see a copy of that directive letter.

It would seem odd for the GB to stop the accounts report (money deficit begging plea) at the circuit assemblies...

Maybe it has a tax implication if they are seen to be "soliciting funds"?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If a deficit announcement is done away with, then there will be something to replace it like a bill to each congregation (in the form of a request to cover expenses). Perhaps, it would be another way to see which congregations are paying up and dissolving those that are not.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simplest explanation?

They don't want the R&F to put together that they're having financial troubles.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. This would be madness.

In which case, yep, I suppose it is something they might do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit