Accounts report at Circuit Assemblies to go away

by LevelThePlayingField 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Searril
    Searril

The Watchtower doesn't do anything that it doesn't think serves its own interests.

They will simply send each congregation in the circuit a bill for the "shortfall" of whatever they claim the expense was. This way they can jack up the costs and very few dubs will ever see the actual number in its entirety, so they won't stop and think "I wonder why the assembly cost 3 times as much this year as it did last year."

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

They probably know that the whole deficit thing is now known to be a scam. Even PIMIs know all about how it works, time to get rid of it. It outlived it's usefulness.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I highly doubt it. Donations from assemblies are a prime source of income for the organization.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s difficult to tell what they are up to because motives and competence may be at odds.

In a contest between greedy and stupid, it might just be that stupid won on this ocassion.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Maybe the deficit report will be replaced by an "encouraging" video or song.

• burnedout
    burnedout

Yeah, with little kids and elderly people putting their donations in the box...

• under the radar
    under the radar

I'll bet dollars to donuts they'll still find a way to extort encourage contributions. They may not announce a "deficit," but they'll for sure announce that the "costs" for this "grand spiritual feast" was X-thousand dollars.

I can hear it now: "I'm sure you brothers will keep this in mind when making your generous contributions from your unrighteous riches. Remember, we must put the Kingdom™ first! The Bible warns we must not appear before Jehovah empty handed!" And so on and so on, ad nauseam...

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Well, there's no accounts report on the recorded assemblies they put out for shut-ins (the ones that get "leaked").

They must remain united!

• sir82
    sir82

As noted, the primary motivator for contributing to CAs has always been the bogus "up to this point, we have a deficit of $X" announcements. It seems that if you no longer announce hat, it would lead to decreased donations.

Which makes me think, if they really are going to do this, they must have in mind some other vehicle to meet their phony, made-up, completely arbitrary "expense" number for each CA. Something they think would generate even more money.

I'm not sure what that would be, though. Maybe a resolution for each congregation to support the CAs - a monthly donation amount extorted, er, requested from each congregation?

But there are already 3 or 4 such funds that congregations are required to support - and an amount exceeding $20 per publisher per year (the current target) would be a shockingly large number.

Until I hear it for myself, I will have doubts that they will do away with the accounts report.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I don't think that could be.

In the last 5 years, the only thing that has been pushed more than staying loyal to the GB is GIVE MORE MONEY.

If they don't keep hounding people at the Conventions and Assemblies - they will NOT get what they want.

90% of JW donations are done out of guilt (I believe).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit