Separated from a loveless Marriage

by PLAYGROUND 54 Replies latest social relationships

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i agree with  scully for the fact that you were lied to. it is an illegal contract.  No God in their right mind would expect someone to live in such a situation.

take it from someone who is in a unloving marriage,  I have come to terms with the reality that I can leave when i want, and not feel guilty. [ but im not being abused physically, had i been even once, id have been gone long ago.]

you have a real reason to end it, not even God would disagree. God knows that one is a liar and does not follow the duty of a loving mate, so why would God want someone to stay in a spiritually destructive situation?  Am I better than God? I would be If he doesn't allow a person to be free of oppression and great sadness.

The God I know wants people to be happy. how can someone be wholesome and fulfilling in their worship when its tainted with sadness and fear? they cannot.

most people know, and fully understand, that a divorce doesn't happen unless there is a real problem, and other people generally dont keep a bad attitude about it.  its wrong to assume and to gossip.

in the hall i had gone to, three people got divorced and remarried were only disfellowshipped for maybe 8  months, after all they were immediately repentant, and they did not have sex before they got remarried. and are currently  going to meetings. 

three of my own family members had to get out of real bad marriages [abusive situations]   [all jws] and got remarried, and were DF  for a little while but not long. the reason is this, no one chooses to end a marriage unless its destructive, spiritually damaging, and,  simply, wrong to stay in it!  no one deliberately gets a divorce because they think its not a big deal and who cares.   so , a person already feels grief over the whole thing.  and that is what in itself is the punishment! [the bible says that too!]  we don't need some goofy shunning added to the problems.

here is what a lot of people dont know, YOU can request to choose your own body of elders to hear your case.

my mother did this years ago, when the local elders disfellowshiped me for  getting pregnant, I was an unbaptized 18 yr old, who had not been to meetings in two years!  or service, in like 5.yrs.  she knew an unbaptized  person who hadn't been to meetings should not be DF. she was pretty upset about it, as she was all i had for help and she was not going to let me fall into homeless poverty and loose her first grandchild. so, knowing the elders wouldn't listen to her,because they did not like her forward  personality,

she chose two elders from other congregations whom she knew  better,  and a circuit overseer she had known. and she met them at the assembly hall so she could explain to them what was going on. and they advised the elder body in her cong to change their decision. and so they eventually did, but they waited long enough to make it look like it was their idea. it was about 6 months only! and the only thing i did was t o go to meetings with my mom. yea it was pretty weird. announcing the reinstatement of an unbaptized irregular person, lol!

so dont be afraid, just get it over with,  get the divorce, [definitely  stay separated],  take the needed time alone  and improve your situation, and return to a good place. move to another area if you can too.

we cant help anyone else if were a mess right?

and if you want to, get remarried, just dont have sex until you are.

your not pleasing men, your pleasing God, and God never said you cant  get divorced.    and guess what else, were not under the law of Israel,  and all those rules were for them. 

but the principal is this, love one another. so by being loving.

maybe by getting a divorce your giving a 'gift of freedom' to the other person too. 

[some people have such pride they will suffer rather than be the one to make the first move.I think that's what my husband is doing, forcing me to be the one to make the move, so he looks like the innocent party.]

I wish peace for you.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I spent 28 years in such a marriage, trust me, it won't get better. I finally realized that no God of love would expect me to live like that, so I left the husband and the religion. That was fifteen years ago and I have never been happier. 
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Erased post, the cat stepped on my Kindle, her post was way off topic.
  • stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement
    Cut your losses and move on.
  • mrquik
    mrquik
    I married in 1975 during the "scare". I married more for self preservation than for love, but I figured "Paradise" was just a around the corner & I would learn to love my wife. That, unfortunately, never happened. We did have good times & bad. Raised two girls. As we got older, we just went through the motions. I found the love of my life after 34 yrs. with the first wife. I divorced, knowing I would be disfellowshipped. I just wanted to be happy. I assumed eventually I would be reinstated, but found TTATT  while out & never went back. You have those options. Don't waste 34 yrs. of your life. I have never been happier. I've said it before & I'll keep on saying it "Live Well....Enjoy Life".
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Playground,

Now that you have listened to us all, you must decide what your next steps will be based on this information. My spouse had the elders on his side too, and he was allowed privileges and I was not.

If Jehovah sees everything why does this injustice continue in his organisation when it comes to domestic violence?

My answer is that there is no holy spirit guiding elders or anyone. Once I realised this I was able to think clearly about my next steps. I suffered a lot of cognitive dissonance (torn feelings inside) before I accepted that Jehovah wasn't guiding things in my life. Then I left WT and the cognitive dissonance went away and I could think clearly.

Kate xx

• Miles
    Miles
    God made marriage to procreate and love, so if this person married you under a lie I'm sure god will not condemn you for leaving this disgusting person.
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    This person sociopathic and sounds as though they are practicing gaslighting. This is a wolf in sheep's clothing. If you continue to cast your pearls before swine, you will only invite injury to yourself.
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Playground, welcome to the community, sounds like you are in a tough situation.  I'll relate a similar experience I had but it was not in a marriage but in a family business with a fleshly brother.  My fleshly brother was constantly lying and unknown to me, was executing a unrelenting character assassination on me.  Oh, he knew what he was doing. Some of his actions are nothing but evil.  Proverbs 16: 27-27 says:

27 A worthless person concocts evil gossip[l]
          his lips are like a burning fire.

28 A deceitful man stirs dissension,
          and anyone who gossips separates friends.

29 A violent man entices his companion   

and leads him on a path that is not good. 

After nearly five years of trying to work with him in a second generation family business, I was devastated when I found out the extent of his lying and his execution of my character.  His mischief had been going on since Dad had died about five years before.   The elders talked with me several times about allegations and I explained my point of view and tried to correct the fantasizing stories that my brother had but the elders  would not believe me. They just looked at me like I was crazy.

I talked with a family counselor that was not a witness, and they skillfully and professionally explained the situation I was in.  Basically, to make this short, I was dealing with a fleshly Witness brother who was a psychopath.  The counselor indicated that there was little I could do, but protect myself and family by having no contact with them at all.  

Here is a link you might find beneficial.  http://psychopathvictims.com/psychopath/psychopathic-character-assassination.

So, There was nothing I could do to push back at the overwhelming false stories he had started about me and my wife, so we left our home of which I still love and started over.  It was very costly financially to do this. Besides that, I lost all previous friends or people I thought were my friends, and god knows what was said after we left. But we are happy today and life is so peaceful without the cesspool of soap operas not only in my witness family but the congregation.

One final thought, a quote on the news tonight from Omar N. Bradley, "This is as true in everyday life as it is in battle: we are given one life and the decision is ours whether to wait for circumstances to make up our mind, or whether to act, and in acting, to live.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/omar_n_bradley.html#kgFAp6kEPmQfR0Fx.99 

Again, welcome to JW.net  

• Honesty
    Honesty

PLAYGROUND:

I do believe it is the truth.

In that case you need to listen to and obey the elders because they will certainly screw your life up with their loving counsel.

The first thing you need to do is research the history of Jehovah's Witnesses (and not from the Proclaimers book) and their many flip flops.

Here is a well thought out and informative website that will help you see what you are involved in:

http://www.jwfacts.com/

After you have proven to yourself whether or not the Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth or not it will be musch easier for you to make positive decisions regarding your marriage and spouse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit