After all these years, I finally made it to Brooklyn Bethel!

by dubstepped 35 Replies latest jw friends

• scratchme1010
  • Akid48
    Akid48

LOL XD

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Fisherman - I'm assuming you're referring to Farmers Blvd in Queens? That's what I found in a quick Google search. We stayed in Weehawken NJ and didn't drive in NYC anywhere. I guess you could have seen me walking around or on a subway somewhere. We walked Chinatown, Little Italy, Koreatown, went to the NY Botanical Garden in the Bronx for the Chihuly exhibit, were out around 98th and Riverside, walked Central Park, and took the Lincoln Harbor ferry back and forth from our hotel, if that helps any. Oh, and we went to the diamond district and walked around there some because I love watches.

• steve2
    steve2

Oh, I should have added that the "worldly" tour I went on was not to visit JW Headquarters but the wider Brooklyn district which included walking past the JW organization complexes.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

No, it was Queens. It wasn't you then. But what a coincidence; at the same time you came, I saw someone exactly like you. I mean same as your avitar -glasses and all. I was driving too, facing the other way. I wanted to yell out the window: "Hey Dub, it's Fish!" But decided against it because at a split second decided it just couldn't be you as the light changed. This happened last week. If it had been you, you would have been the 3rd person I ran into by striking coincidence within the last couple of months.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well Farmers BLvd certainly caught my attention, that's around the neighborhood where I grew up in Queens.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I guess I have a doppleganger out in Queens, lol. I would have been happy to have seen someone from here.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You luv watches, but in your original photo you are not wearing one. Haha!!!!

I'm an oldtimer from WatchUseek, Timezone, Poor Man's Watch Forum, etc. I mean from like 15+ years ago and up until about 2007. My collection was easily $15K at one point. (Omegas, other Swiss watches, etc)

I cured my watch addition, but am instead into firearms and nice EDC knives, etc now. Oh man.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@WingCommander - Yep, I'm busted. Too many of my watches rip out my arm hair, lol. So I don't wear many in my collection. I never had anything high end, I like unique watches like the old Seiko AKA or Alba watches, Citizen 1481010 Independent watches, jump hours, mystery dials, etc.

I used to frequent WatchUseek forums myself. At one point I had an online watch store. I was a dealer for Tokyo Bay and Fila and CTI, among others.

I too like EDC stuff, and although I want to geek out on all the things, I'm a minimalist when it comes to practicing it. I have a super minimalist keychain and wallet. Cool stuff.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

I bought a watch for £6 recently i dont know if that counts LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit