After all these years, I finally made it to Brooklyn Bethel!

by dubstepped 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey, Governing Bawdy...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Good for you Dub!

It's funny you ran into someone that studied and felt something was off. I spent my entire JW life feeling that "something just isn't right." I used to tell my spouse that on a daily basis. "Something is just not right" is a true understatement. So happy to free!

• Tallon
    Tallon

As others have mentioned, something(s) did not sit well with me too.

Just glad that I got out when I did.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sweet, I got two down votes! One for each finger!

• steve2
    steve2

Dubstepped, appreciated your post along with the photo.

My partner and I did a tour of Brooklyn in August 2016 and it included walking around some of the Watchtower buildings (on the outside of course). At that time, the tour guide commented that the JWs were in the process of moving out of the main complex. The big Watchtower sign still dominated the skyline but has now gone. It was an eerie feeling walking around - especially some of the well-appointed older buildings where Bethelites lived - it looked like the lap of luxury walking down the streets where house after house was part of JW organization.

A memorable visit. Now, there is barely a trace of JW org having been there. The end of JW organization headquarters in Brooklyn has come while the world itself goes on as before. If you'd said to JWs even ten years ago, the world headquarters will be moving out of Brooklyn in ten years time, they'd have said, "No, the world headquarters won't be moving because the end is sure to be here by then."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Lol, dubstepped.

Looks like a good answer for when someone asks you where Jehovah lives.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Love your work mate!!

Awesome.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Its good that they had to sell up and i wonder what will happen when all the money they have got fron selling up runs out ???

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I've read Brock Talon's books about working there. They're very entertaining though I wondered why he stayed so long.

When you go on the tours, where do they take you? To where they publish the books and magazines?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Dub, was that you driving a car on or close to Farmers Blvd?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit