What's The Worst "Encouragement" That You've Recieved From The Brothers?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

I was pulled in the backroom for sneaking cheerios in my pocket for my 2 year old. "disrespecting the kingdom hall, etc..."

When I left an abusive marriage and elder told me, "I have left bruises on my wife and she stays." Another said, "you have to be careful which nationality you marry into. Our sisters in the Middle East endure far more abuse than you and stay faithful."

That was my cue to leave.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    So, I didnĀ“t pray enough.What I should do was pray a lot more and Jehovah would give me the strenght do do my duty and come to every meeting and by the way do more in FS also!

Go home sister Viktoria and pray,pray.

So is this new light; Jehovah actually still DOES heal today?

I told him that he was only a truck driver so he shouldn`t pretend to know anything about an illnes as complicated as mine ,thank you very much.

LOL Glad you stuck it to him!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    When I left an abusive marriage and elder told me, "I have left bruises on my wife and she stays." Another said, "you have to be careful which nationality you marry into. Our sisters in the Middle East endure far more abuse than you and stay faithful."

I would have called the police. I know it's your word against his, but I would have done it just to rattle his cage and maybe get his wife to think. The bastard.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

After giving an Elder who had come to visit a good 'spiritual kicking' regarding false prophecies, the UN scandal, the blood issue and birthday celebrations, he admitted that he had no answers to the questions I asked and then proceeded to say that I should have a study of the 'Draw Close To Jehovah' book.

I asked him why I would study that book with him if he can't answer the fundamental questions that I had asked.

He said that I should just forget the questions, study the book with him, and Jehovah would give me the answers in time.!

So I asked him to go away, get me the answers to my questions, and if he did, I would study the book with him.

Still waiting.....

• freeman
  • freeman
  • freeman
    freeman

Having problems posting. Much is missing from this post and I can't seem to correct it

Sorry

Freeman

• minimus
    minimus

It's UNBELIEVABLE that some elders will minimize a person's beatings or mistreatment by saying, "Don't worry so much of what you deal with. Think of all the "friends" that go thru so much worse than you". Then smugly, the 2 elders will leave you saying, "It's too bad this sister has lost her spiritual balance".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit