Get Over It

by ApagaLaLuz 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

You know what folks...... why waste all your time reliving the damn assemblies and bullshit that goes on? I figure those of you who have been "out " for quite a while, GET OVER IT. There's life outside the JWs and it's great! Go live it. And Get Over it!

• Azalo
    Azalo

Why are you even on here then? If have "moved on" then why are u on an ex-JW board. Personally I think its fun to reminisce about my life as a "dub", I'm sure many find it therapeutic. Its like remembering the stupid outfits you used to wear in the 80's cause it was in style and laughing at yourself about it.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hello Chevy

Have missed seeing you around so often, as regards your question, personally I dont relive the JW expereince when I am on here. Its gone! If thats what you were doing then I can understand the need to break away from here, pop in and say hi occasionally though and let us know how things are.

Brummie

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

well said A!

nice to compare notes and have a laugh, besides people are looking for info and u can usually find someone who knows what your looking for. also i imagine that for some leaving the org. is a recent event so they have a right vent thier spleens. oh, btw, nobodys twisting ur arm to read all the posts mate!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Each of us is in a different stage of recovery from our Witness experience. To hold everyone to the same standard of conduct irregardless of their depth of pain and feeling is to show we have learned nothing from the experience. We would have become that which we despise.

It's all good Chevy.

• shamus
    shamus

Very true - we do need to get over it...

I personally have not, yet. It's still very much a part of me. As for going out and enjoying life... I am, thank you very much, although you wouldn't know it from the amount of times that I've posted here.....

I just think it's funny, is all... how I got suckered in.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi Chev

For me, "re-living" those memories is therapeutic: I re-examine those memories in the light of what I now realize, try to better understand "what was really happening," keep whatever good parts there are, and discard the rest.

And you're right: eventually that process will reach an end for most of us.

But how about those thousands of other JWs who are each day leaving the WTS, and looking for those same answers? If, as is natural, they go through the same process of "re-evaluation, selection, resolution," who'll they be able to vocalize to, share with and learn from, if all the "survivors" leave them on their own?

Craig

• Brummie
    Brummie

Forget your JW history and move on...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/51837/1.ashx

Chevy I thought I'd drop back in and post the url of a little reflection I wrote on the "get over it" comment.

Brummie

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I was on a message board for healing- from a different sort of thing but painful nontheless. Yes, Tex- very well said. People are always going to be in different stages of healing. And all of it is a very necessary thing for whoever is wherever they are on that path.

On the board I was referring to, we likened it to a tunnel with others and the folks who were further along were holding the lamps, guiding others along.

For me, on that board, once I had gotten to a place where I was okay- I owed something to that which helped me get there. So I stayed for a long time afterwards to give back. And eventually I walked away totally. But it took nearly 2 years.

Love ya Chevy !!!

XW

• ISP
    ISP

I think you need a balance of 'getting over it' and dealing with the issues of responsibility. I think you have to get over it eventually otherwise you will live in the past and it may not do you any good. But it helps to identify why you are in this state and the responsibility of the WTS etc.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit