Time to remind JWs of this famous quote from CT Russell!

by stuckinarut2 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

With the ever present issue of the Society seeming to run out of money, and constantly asking the flock for more donations, maybe it is time to revive this quote!

The leaked financial dept videos that have done the rounds, clearly show the society is in desperate trouble financially.

So, where is the "Almighty's hand"? Where is his ability to provide funds? Perhaps he is NOT backing the group that claims to be his "only channel of communication"?

Watchtower July 1879:

“‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Russell is correct at least in this prophecy of his own

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think his prophecy is being fulfilled right now! Haven't they damn near suspended publication of the Wash Towel?

• venus
    venus

Even this indirectly honors God who put in place the omnipresent Law of Cause and Effect. In the past, a nation made the claim that they are the chosen people of God which was foiled by powerful Empires such as Babylon, Romans …etc (a fact that is well-documented in the Bible) The same thing is happening with modern-day claim of JWs.

When religious leaders exploit the ignorant in the name of God (when God is commercially used by the religion) atheists appear denying the very basis the exploiters stand on. Thus exploiters are the cause, and atheism is the consequence—again an interesting situation that indirectly honors God who put in place the omnipresent Law of Cause and Effect. When the atheists say they do not see evidence for the existence of God, they are right because they do not see the evidence for the existence of God as described by religions (not the real God who treats everyone equally by giving a perfect start and who takes care of us more than our mere sustenance).

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Yeah I think JWs would just jump on the chance to claim that prophecy is being fulfilled with that quote. They have stopped publishing the magazines like they use to, and publishing everything electronically is cheap.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The wtbts is starting to look like JC Penney or Sears. Their business model is out of date so to remain viable they are down sizing, laying off, closing stores (congregations), cutting back on everything and selling inferior products, and still telling the stock holders that everything is okay!

just saying!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jws do not accept or propagate ideas or suggestions unless it comes from mother GB.

........and you know the GB are never going to say anything like " well its call it a day and close shop ".

• blownaway
    blownaway

Fink, spot on. They may lose numbers and have a neg. increase but they will not just give up. They went through a lot of crap over the 1975 and the kool-aid drinkers were all too happy to drink up.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

I remember when we studied the Kingdom Rules book last year and the announcements, RIGHT AFTER THE STUDY WITH THAT QUOTE, they read a begging letter for money! There were more than a few chuckles in the hall at the irony.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

I remember that AveJoe too. Then again they do that type of thing all the time, it's jus that time it was money. Nice to know people notice. My hall would not show any emotion at that time.

I've seen a man from Africa shake his head in disgust during the accounts report at an assembly. But, he otherwise appears to be a loyal jdub. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit