Time to remind JWs of this famous quote from CT Russell!

by stuckinarut2 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Nice quote! I've always enjoyed that one in light of what they've become.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Money is god to crooked religious charlatans like the WTS.

They exist by bullshitting and manipulating people so nothing is going to change with the WTS/JWS.

When they want more money they will do whatever is necessary.

If its " We have made errors in the past but here is some new light " they will do that too, just to sustain the free volunteer labor and incoming donations.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just wonder if the new generation (overlapping) of millennial JWs even know of this quote? And would they even realize the irony?

• Perry
    Perry

Glad you brought that out Stucknarut. I have been thinking about that very quote the past few days. I actually used to quote that to my bible students when I was a pioneer.

It remains to be seen if the leaders will follow Jehovah's new direction.

When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to
    provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

Babylon The Great is Falling - God's Kingdom Rules !

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Yep, time to pack up shop. They basically admitted in those leaked videos that God has not seen fit to provide the finances for all the projects they dreamed up. Yet in the same breath they still say they're waiting for him to bless these projects and see evidence of it! Completely delusional.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Venus. In my experience most JW's who leave become atheists. Those that left were either stumbled or hurt by some sort of leadership counsel or discipline. Your statement is true and wise. Thanks for sharing.

When religious leaders exploit the ignorant in the name of God (when God is commercially used by the religion) atheists appear denying the very basis the exploiters stand on. Thus exploiters are the cause, and atheism is the consequence—again an interesting situation that indirectly honors God who put in place the omnipresent Law of Cause and Effect
  • Perry
    Perry

Good point. When I realized that my non-belief was actually an intended consequence of the WT experience, I decided to do things "by the book" for a change.

My whole life took off in the right direction after making peace with God and abandoning religion and my own efforts as sources of influencing God. Looking back, I can now see how utterly offensive that was to God.

Unbelievable satisfaction is garnered just from knowing that the WT didn't win in my case. But, in all truthfulness, I have to give God the credit for that too. All the same... I get to walk in the victory parade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit