Tattoos

by SpunkyChick 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

h_s...sorry if I sounded hateful...I guess I view any body modification differently...You can call it self expression...or you can call it forced change, or whatever...Also, the concept of common images for tattooing started off not even for the person getting the tattoo...modern tattooing started off with people like Sailor Jerry exchanging pages of drawings with his colleagues...not necessarily for a customer to look at, but eventually this too became the norm. I think now we have different ways of looking at the concept of status, whereas the historical practice of tattooing lent itself to community building, proving your "worth", or simply being the one who was the boss and yeah you get tattooed..Like the Siberian/Scythian Ice Maiden...she had horse tattoos on her arms, which were a matter of protocol for rulers of that cultures to wear. Status symbols if you will. The same goes for body modification...take the Mayans for example, oh and BTW in June's Harper's there is an excellent article about the collapse of thier civilization, the rulers pierced themselves to let blood to hallucinate and make sacrifices for the sins of the people...the jewelry was just a bonus.*LOL*..I guess now the only status we a beholden to is our own self worth, which some of us chose to change at will...even if it looks dumb to someone else...usually the ones who sass are the ones that don't care to express themselves in said manner, but that's OK...sorry for snapping h_s... Have a good day everyone.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Valis,

No problem. Forgive my forthright opinions, into which I will admit I like to stir a little mischief. You must admit, it does give the Board a little 'edge'

Actually, I was going to write to you privately and suggest that we engage in a huge online battle during which we both change our opinions diametrically and each begin to argue the others viewpoint and give a prize to the first person that noticed....lol

Have a great weekend Valis - HS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Here's why it's dangerous.

A middle aged to older person with tattoos says "I still love my tattoos, even after all these years".

This in spite of the points brought out in this thread, re: no one, I mean no one, ever likes the same haircut, clothes, etc, they liked 5 years ago.

Yeah, you goddamn well better love em, cuz you put yourself in the position of not being able to change. Kind of like how some people goddamn well better believe the witnesses are god's organization, because how sad for them if it isn't, after all they've done.

Personally, I don't ever want to force myself to believe in something simply because I'll look like a dumbass if I don't and I'll be in a position where change is impossible or extremely difficult. That mischevious Yahweh already took away my hairstyle options. Oh sure, He made up for it in other areas, but still!

And if you're going to do it, do it for a better reason than "rebelling". Cuz you ain't.

Make your tat be a esthetic compliment to your sweet body *cough*spunky*cough*, lol, ie: small, symmetrical and well designed. OR, make it mean something to you, like Valis' tats celebrating his chickens, or that ex-JW chic abused by her father saying fuck you to the world by doing hideous kinky tattoos on her face and body.

Personally, I think Manon's idea is the way to go.

• Valis
    Valis

dangit hillary...that would have been great! then in the end you could go mod on me and change my comments around to agree w/you entirely...*LOL* pure evil I tell you. Ah well...eheh maybe coming to a thread near you..eheh soon...very soon.. I was also going to say while I was in El Paso I saw two Jesuses get indellibly placed on arms...What is this world coming to? *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

here are some newer pics I took today, the other pics are like a year old:

(I want to finish my arm pieces with bands... but admit I am very nervous about doing so, as I have moved and am not sure of a trustworthy shop here and contracting hepatitis... two of my friends did my my tats)

• Aztec
    Aztec
    If you really want to be unique, then don't get a tattoo.

Amen amac.

Some tattooes are unique when they have a story behind them but I don't think I would ever be ready for the permenance of getting inked. I can't even commit to a guy for longer than 6 months...

~Aztec

• Valis
    Valis

Moe...I hate to tell you this, but your tattoos look shitty with clothes on...

six, you make good points, however the old saying is true I think..."If you don't have at least one bad tattoo, you don't have one at all.."

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Lecherous & Illustrated" class

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Good try Valis

I have a bad tattoo on my right hip, looks like chit. blecko

• Valis
    Valis

One of my bad tattoos...and crappy pics I took of my arm..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I love the goldfish piece... more pics more pics Valis!!!

Oh, and does the dual fish thing have anything to do with being Pisces? Curious...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit