Did God make the ancient israelites also worship a goddess?

by avishai 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Avishai, to make this short, simple and sweet:

NO, GOD DID NOT!

HAVE A NICE DAY!!

• avishai
    avishai

Mr kim! I don't appreciate being yelled at at all! #2, on what evidence do you base your conclusion?

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Now, isn't it interesting that you assumed that I yelled at you? (Everything is subject to each person's own view and understanding which is drawing from personal knowledge/database/experience....etc..)

I thought that you were not listening, not understanding, ignoring, or just don't care. Now, to set the record straight,------- I am NOT yelling at you.

I answer questions from FACTS AND TRUTH. NOT FROM human beliefs and tradition or general views and ideas. Sometimes, I can be very boring as I try to keep the answers short and explicit.

KIM

• avishai
    avishai

I answer questions from FACTS AND TRUTH.

So? I'm waiting for you to do either or both. Answer. From facts or truth, not just inane rebuttals.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

stop with the yellow and red big font text. you all are burning out our retinas

alt

• avishai
    avishai

Sorry, I just cant get it to quote w/out my writing turning all funny too.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah
    Did God make the ancient israelites also worship a goddess?

The answer is no. So why did Moses use the serpent on the pole? It was a foreshadowing of things to come. John 3:14-15 "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life". The Lord set up situations ,in the old testament, to shed light on things that would come to pass when His Son came to Earth as Savior. There are others as well. Matt 2:15 "and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, "Out of Egypt I called My Son." (found in Hosea 11:1 refering to Israel) The story of Abraham (father) willing to sacrifice Isaac (his son) is a picture of Christ also. Hopes this helps.

God Bless!

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

if you are going to do any research on Asherah you can't forget to look up Shekinah too...remember shekinah as in the light in the most holy over the ark of the covenant...hmmmm...well it seems Shekinah was the name of Jehovah's consort too....

do a web search. also try Barbara Walker's Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets. (first book I got before I was 'out' of the Borg and it started the ball rolling.........)

Ravyn

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah

Ravyn,

I pulled this out off the web, like you suggested:

Originally it was Asherah who dwelled in the Temple as the Bride of God, His representative there. But after the "reforms" of King Josiah, Asherah worship was forbidden in the Temple. Still, the Jews knew that their Lady was still living there as their Queen and the representative of El, their God. So Asherah evolved. She began to be seen as the presence of God, and less as a separate entity. She became Shekinah, which means something like She who dwells (from the Hebrew shakhan, which means the act of dwelling). However, Asherah did not really change. She was always the representative of Her Husband, just as He was always HER representative. She, an Earth Goddess, was also Queen of Heaven. He, as Sky God, was also Ruler of Earth. This occurred only through Their marriage. So, it was not really that Asherah worship ever changed much within Judaism, or that Asherah Herself changed; only, it was made to look like it had changed to fool the patriarchal priests.

The only problem with this view is that it is not supported by the Bible. Asheroth, Asherah, or Ashtaroth all refer to the same pagan goddess. Yes, when Israel strayed from the LORD, they worshipped false gods, like Asherah. However, that did not make Asherah a True God, only a fake imitation. Remember, the Bible is the Word of Truth. It's light dispels all darkness and reveals what is truth.

God Bless!

• avishai
    avishai
    The only problem with this view is that it is not supported by the Bible. Asheroth, Asherah, or Ashtaroth all refer to the same pagan goddess. Yes, when Israel strayed from the LORD, they worshipped false gods, like Asherah. However, that did not make Asherah a True God, only a fake imitation. Remember, the Bible is the Word of Truth. It's light dispels all darkness and reveals what is truth

Jeremiah, prove it!!!

The staffs Moses & Aarron carried were called asherahs. These became snakes at least once. Why did the writers of the bible call these Asherahs? You just spouted rhetoric, no proofs, & no, I will not take it on "faith".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit