Did God make the ancient israelites also worship a goddess?

by avishai 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I'm currently reading a book entitled "When God Was a Woman." I find this whole topic of a female Diety quite intriguing. It's interesting how for thousands of years both religions existed simultaneously - worship of the female and male diety. Then in century long struggles, the male diety religions fought viciously to eradicate the female worshipping religions. And from these new male diety worshipping religions came the story of Adam & Eve.

To me that is really something to think about. What was really going on there? Was God saying, "Listen, I'm tired of people thinking I'm a female. It's time they learn I'm a male." He therefore supports the genocide of all female diety worshippers. That's the whole problem I have with "God." If He/She is so powerful, why not simply just appear to everyone and say, "Look, I'm to be referred to as "She" once and for all." End of issue. But no, He/She has to go and have thousands of people killed. Doesn't make any sense to me. At any rate, it's really interesting reading about our male dominant society these days...as I read more of this book I'll post more bits of info...

• gumby
    gumby
    I believe, the Israelites were wandering around in the desert & started to get bit by snakes

Actually there have been NO finds that prove there were any israelites in the wilderness period. This would mean if true.......the event never happened in the first place.

No Trace of Moses
    'Neither Moses, nor an enslaved Israel nor the event of this Exodus are recorded in any known ancient records outside the Bible...Although its climate has preserved the tiniest traces of ancient bedouin encampments and the sparse 5000-year-old-villages of mine workers there is not a single trace of Moses or the Israelites.'
    John Romer (Testament, pp57/8)

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit