Merry Christmas

by jhine 45 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    It is equally hard for me to imagine a culture where stuff like this is not commonplace.

well--in my culture we refrain from standing waist deep in cold water blowing ducks to bits.

But whatever floats your boat....

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    well--in my culture we refrain from standing waist deep in cold water blowing ducks to bits.

Shooting ducks is somewhat incidental to the experience. It's more about comradery, enduring hardship, observing nature while the sun rises, enjoying the quiet without social media or televsion, and learning how the world works outside the domain of men.

Although, they do have a Vietnamese friend that informed them that Americans simply do not know how to properly prepare duck. From what I understand, they are looking forward to their friends asian duck recipie.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i like ducks

floating about on a pond.-- observing nature while the sun rises, enjoying the quiet without social media or televsion, and learning how the world works outside the domain of men.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Is it MERRY Christmas or HAPPY Christmas ?

Oh, I dunno, have it anyway !

Cheers y’all,

Ozzie 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Is it MERRY Christmas or HAPPY Christmas ?

i think it should be --merry

the saying is--"merry christmas and a happy new year"

ive never heard anyone say merry new year.

yet if i do ever wish it to anyone--i say "happy christmas" because it sounds better.

• jhine
    jhine

Merry Christmas Ozzie , Happy New Year. πŸΎπŸŽ‰.

Jan from Tam

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Merry Christmas Jan!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jan, have you ever made it up to Litchfield Cathedral to see the lights at Christmastime? I've heard it's beautiful.

A young cousin of mine lives there and has told us about it but we'll probably never make it there as transatlantic airfare has become prohibitively expensive and if we visit it would probably be in warmer weather.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Merry Christmas to all here! πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    As it should be, to the enemy. Your culture wouldn't exist without mine.

Oh, hell no. Coming in at the last minute and kick starting your whole economy.

That is utterly laughable. Try telling that to the 8.7 million Russian combat soldiers (not including the 19 million civilians), by the way.

Killing doves....what a wonderful way to spend your life.

That Is one of THE main issues I have against the Bible. That it teaches adherents to place such little value on animal life and arrogantly think, like the foolish MONKEYS they are, that they have the god given right to take animal life at will.

*And if you think your pop guns will stop your government should it turn on you, you're having a laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit