HAS THE QUALITY OF JWS GONE DOWN?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Really good thread you guys are on the money with your observation.

Most dubs are very lack luster about thier J-Dubing about

More and more of them lead very sinfully scandelious lives.

Most I feel would like to get out but don't know how.

The depression comes from and this is just my guess from the legalistic rules

and strict moralistic demands that are given with out any theological

understanding of the doctrines of Grace which in the WT there are none.

With all law and no Gospel one can feel really hopeless real fast.

just a thought.

late,

jr

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Quality how???

Like, I don't think they're very smart, but I think the JW's are better at being JW's than ever before, or at least faking it, which, csince they are based on works, means the same thing.

CZAR

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Of course, no one (JW) has talked to me in about four years, but there are three JW families three houses away from me that HAVE to go by our home to get to the KH......and I haven't seen hide nor hair of ANY of'em in months! It's really weird! I have no clue what is going on...but the curiosity is maddening! Lol!

A young sister (oh GAWD, I hate to admit this) that I helped to smuggle out of her home a few minutes from here, (in her late teens, she wanted to be baptized and didn't want opposing mother to know about any of it---she drove up here at dawn on the morning of the assembly, and I helped her change into "meeting clothes" and had her bathing suit and towel here a few days before) and after I DA'ed myself, of course she acted as if I was dog puke whenever I saw her.....

She was married two years ago (weird brother) and they moved to FL....then came back here to NY. Our latest phone book has her listed by her married name, (using her first name but his surname) and now living in the small apartment that she lived in after HS graduation but before her marriage!

It HAD to be a "short" marriage, IF she's still married....I hafta wonder if one of them is DFed......it's all so strange.

One family nearby, had five kids like me....but a bit younger, and my grandson said that one of the kids is on the HS football team, and another has been on ISS and gone to OSS the past few weeks.

I am SO close to calling the mom to see if they're still JWs....I liked HER a lot when we were JWs.

All she can do is tell me drop dead and hang up! <grin>

I'm hoping that the "quality" of these JW's HAS "gone down" to being OUT!!!!

Hugs n' hope,

Annie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

They're all exhausted, that's the problem. A Witness I've known for over 20 years works out at the same gym that I do, so we see each other a couple of times a week. She doesn't know I've been out for a year, and somehow the subject just hasn't come up. She's the wife of an elder, married 24 years, no kids because Armageddon is just around the corner -- you know the type. Anyway, I had a hard time even saying hello to her after my dad died (she just gave the perfunctory "oh, that's too bad" and changed subjects), but I was so depressed that I didn't work out much until the past couple of weeks. I was so pleased to find that I've made enough progress that talking to her didn't depress the hell out of me -- it just made me feel really good that I wasn't a part of that anymore. This week is their C.O.'s visit, and she was complaining about how much they have to do -- didn't sound very encouraging. And today I asked about someone I hadn't seen in years and she said they come sporadically but she hadn't had a chance to find out what was wrong. She said, "I'm just so busy . . . ." and trailed off, looking sad and worn out. I gently told her that all the meetings and studying and service sure didn't leave much time to keep up with people. She didn't say anything to that.

What a waste.

Nina

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

A year or so after I left, I was in our local Walmart, and happened to walk past two sisters, both Elders wives, standing together inside the front of the store. I spotted them and proceeded to walk past them with my "painted on smile especially for JWs" on my face.............but AS I walked past, I noticed how old and haggard they BOTH looked as I went past them. They had aged "years" in such a short time since I had seen them; it was almost scarey! They're both in their early fifties and looked ever so much older!

I just wondered...what the hell is going ON with them to make them look SO awful? I'm not being mean here...I really mean this.

I so wish I had a "pipeline" to the "KH happenings", because the things I observe on even a limited basis are creepy!

I am SO glad I left!

Hugs,

Annie

• Cavalier
    Cavalier

The quality has definitely gone South. All it takes in my area is to key in the names of JWs into the Clerk of Courts database and see what comes up. It ain't pretty. The range of crimes committed by Witnesses - most of who are in good standing, is shocking. The crimes/offenses are the same as the very people they claim to be above: Cocaine/drug trafficking, stalking, non-payment of state and local taxes, fraud at all levels, spousal abuse, record level divorces, and the list goes on. They are just like everyday people – no better, but really worse because most will not hesitate to point the finger at non-JWs bad behavior while denying their own. I’m sure that JWs have had these problems on a smaller level in the past - its just that with the internet its easier to see just how far the JW lifestyle has deteriorated.

There is one brother at my former hall on electronic monitoring. He is only allowed to go to work, and must report to his parole officer on a regular basis regarding his whereabouts. He used to earn his living by building houses and home repairs. He owes so much in back taxes to the state, and has stolen so much from the local utility company (reconnected disconnected service) that the court system has forced him to get a regular job to make payment. He was also convicted of dealing drugs a few years back (never was removed as an MS). Yet this person is a ministerial servant in good standing. . . How is he allowed to be an MS in this condition??? The elder I asked response was “err uhh…err uhh. . .” This is the main reason I was able to get these people off my back . Too much dirt on too many people. The sad thing is that the elders are aware of the problems. Most of the people in my immediate neighborhood have better records.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

hi all,

yes it has gone down....the brothers and sister in my hall have that mummy face look.

I remeber a few years ago..maybe 10.. they used to talk about how great a talk was

or a special viewpoint on a scripture..or an awesome illustration...those kinds of convos are few

and far between....contributions are way down..our cong didnt even take in enough to cover expenses

this month!.......oh well...somehow the big boys at bethel will put a spin on things.....like how

the new project in Patterson -to move the factory printing.and all the new equipment is costing over

60 million and they are confident that the everyday dubs willl com through with the cash flow

• Beans
    Beans

Yes, it is now believed that 69% of Jehovahs Witnesses are borderline apostates and hypacrits!

• metatron
    metatron

The quality of Bible Studies - as potential Witnesses has plunged also.

I knew an older sister who "brought lots of people in the truth" - she complained for years that the people coming in weren't

the same - tons of problems, on welfare, not the nice suburban types they hoodwinked up until 1975.

I think they're getting dumber too. The talks, Ministry School, and vacuous magazines reflect a real dumbing down.

Any body remember Written Reviews? Watchtower study articles with 30 paragraphs? Rambling tangentical talks by

Fred Franz? Anything with depth?

metatron

• Latte
    Latte
    Any body remember Written Reviews? Watchtower study articles with 30 paragraphs? Rambling tangentical talks by

Ah....the 'Rotten Review' Always managed to forget my pen! but there was always some kind person that would help out....lol

The W/T studies were just total brainwashing....drum the point in....drum the point in...total waste of time for the poor kids who would never last the hour without getting a thrashing of some kind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit