Saturday Morning Vibes

by freemindfade 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FREEMINDFADE:

Yes, it's a great feeling.

I worked full-time and needed my Saturday mornings either to catch up on sleep or doctors appointments. Only once in a blue moon did I ever go out on Saturday. Of course, I wasn't approved of by the judgmental people in the religion! Glad it's long over!

LOSTWUN:

What happens when JW relatives find out your new address? The pestering will start. Unless, of course, you made a clean break and cut off all contact with everybody! It's sad when people have to do that but sometimes necessary.

Enjoy your peaceful time away from the JWs.

• Lostwun
    Lostwun
    LHG im sure eventually one of his relatives will locate us and when they come knocking it will be ignored. One of his family members has already asked us for our new address seeing how they went by our old place and saw it empty. I acted like I didn't know it yet. I wont be coughing up any info for them to take back to their elders so as to have the whole congregation come visit and pester us about attending the memorial. No thanks. :)
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, life free of FOG (Fear, Obligation, Guilt) is a wonderful thing.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Yep that FOG is like am 800 pound gorilla you have to carry everywhere.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Yep that FOG is like am 800 pound gorilla you have to carry everywhere.''

Terrible. Terrible. Just a horrible way to live life, the only one that you get, every #@$&ing waking hour of each day!!!

• kairos
    kairos

It's been over two years since I've had to waste my Saturday morning.

Today was amazing. First rehearsal of four, before a nine show stage production of "Guys an Dolls" at the local community college...

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    My Saturdays start with a leisurely breakfast with Mr. Sail Away, followed by a yoga class. Five years without field service. I auxiliary pioneered for The Memorial in 2011 as my swan song, had my light bulb moment in May, and sailed away after the District Convention on July 3rd. 42 years of wasted Saturdays was enough.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    As I said in another thread, I like to spend my Saturday mornings lazy in bed whenever I can. They invented Saturday mornings for a reason, and nobody should have the power too take them away from us and how we choose to spend them!!

Turn that FOG into a new sort of FOG.......FREEDOM, OPPORTUNITY, GLEE. :)

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

Great post, I woke up this morning feeling the same thing, my son saying good morning all happy..., when we left with my family around 11am & saw the jws on my block, I smiled to myself feeling soo happy that neither I or my son have to do that ever again & not feeling guilty abt it!!

Its a great feeling!

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    I take my toddler to an indoor play center now on saturday mornings where she can make friends, bounce on trampolines, go down slides and jump in ball pools! No more being strapped in a pram pushed from door door and bribed to keep still and quiet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit