Thanks, but no thanks!

by FadeToBlack 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks but no thanks. Right answer always. Good for you.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

that would be nice scratchme1010, but as my wife is still fully active, I will just have to continue to develop my deflecting skills.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I agree OTWO. What can they say in reply?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    You can always add something like: I appreciate you offering to give up your valuable family time. But I know how busy life is for everyone, and especially those with responsibilities like you, and I'd feel guilty dragging you away from your family.
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@DOC: I thought about it a long time and worked hard to make it as short as possible. What you posted is great but I did not want to give them room for a response.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, great suggestions offered here.

Keep it as short and polite as possible. A comment that allows NO ROOM for a response from them is best.

"Thanks. Very kind of you, but not necessary. Take care"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Remember, The only power they have over is you that which you allow.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Great indeed. The lesser you speak to them the better the results.

And a big thanks to The Fall Guy

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I was a bit more blunt / tactless when a new former Elder in our book study group said something similar to me after a service meeting .

He had been in our group for quite a few months and never mixed with anybody in the group except with the Elder taking the group.

I said to him words to the effect that he had`t bothered to get to know us while attending the BS group so don`t bother coming to my home we don`t need your visit.

his response ? : A stunned mullet look.

It must have been the early stages of my awakening

Good post FTB

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I think I know why they are now interested in getting to know me better and encouraging me. I fipped the calendar over to March the other day and saw where my wife had noted the upcoming memorial at the end of the month. That will probably be the next battle: are you going this year or not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit