The older I get the more angry I become!

by Sour Grapes 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Then I realized that the reason is the older I get the more I regret that my childhood was wasted in the Borg.

I turned 60 yesterday. I feel the same. Wasted years. I loathe and hate the WBT$ to such a degree that I am having really dark thoughts about the GB and what I'd like to do to them.

I don't think that the Borg will ever crash and burn but I hope that their numbers go into a deep decline and that as few people as possible get sucked into the Watchtower vortex where their brain cells die

I get that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When I first read the thread title, I though "grumpy old man"...

...but then I read the OP and thought, "damn, I can... kinda relate".

I'm in my mid-40s, now, and I gotta say, it sometimes takes an effort to not be bitter about never really getting to experience some of the ordinary, common aspects of growing up that the vast majority of other kids did.

There's a line in the 2013 Carrie remake that still sticks with me, in fact: "...I need to try and be a whole person while I still have the chance..." (paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BTW, Happy BDay, Punk.

I've seen a pic you posted here recently, and I gotta say, you do not look 60.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

It is the little things in life that normal kids had that I did not experience because of my mom joining the cult. The list would be not blowing out birthday candles on a cake, the smell of a Christmas tree in the house, the excitement of Christmas Eve, being able to watch cartoons on Saturday morning which was replaced with going out in service.

Then, of course, there were the problems at school for not celebrating birthdays, not being allowed to draw turkeys, Santa Clause, or pilgrims. I hated being poked at for not doing the pledge of allegiance as fingers pointed at me that I was one of those Jehovah's.

I hated it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit