The older I get the more angry I become!

by Sour Grapes 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Seems a shame to waste our one moment on earth feeling angry and regretting our lives. Life's a bitch and then you die but in the meantime ........

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BROCK TALON:

People use the term “forgive yourself”, but I’m not the one who needs forgiving. However, I have pretty much gotten over the anger because I figured out WHY we are all angry:..We will never get real justice for the lost time and opportunity.

Our JW “victimizers” are dead in some instances and there is nobody for me to tell off. Even if I could do that, I can’t get back precious time I wasted. Even though I made a living and am retired, my lack of ambition (because of the religion) made me wonder how much more successful I might have been if I had not come under their spell. But, I don’t think about this anymore.

Today, I am content...I realize we all have to be very grateful for each day, especially as we get older.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sour Grapes I will be turning 64 this June and I hear where you are coming from. I am now in the regret stage with a little anger throw in. I watch a movie a few weeks ago called "If you don't see your name in the obit have breakfast" or something like that. It truly lifted my spirits showing I still have a lot of life left. I learn from the movie having a positive attitude and keeping my mind and body active in doing something you enjoy is a big key to a long and healthy life. I encourage you to watch this movie. It's fun to watch and maybe it will relieve some of that anger.

I look at it this way. The Borg took so much of our lives from us and it's our job or at least for me my job to prove to those still trap in the cult that leaving it didn't lead to a horrible life but to a happy and good life. Getting old sucks but as my wife always has told me though the years it beats the alternative. Lol. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Is it so small a thing
    To have enjoy'd the sun,
    To have lived light in the spring,
    To have loved, to have thought, to have done?

Matthew Arnold

It's no small thing to learn to enjoy life after our past, it's a victory! It's a victory for honesty and integrity. Live light in the spring sour grapes. Enjoy the sun.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I totally get the anger.

To any who would say forgive myself, I say bunk.

I am angry because all I did wrong was believe them when they said I would never grow old in this system, and I would never have a career if I went to college.

Wrong on both accounts.

Really, is there anything at all they were right about?

Chronology, wrong.

Vaccines, wrong.

Blood, wrong.

Homosexuality, wrong.

The list is long.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Hi Sour Grapes and Others.

I am in the process of fading and I do find it difficult not to be angry at all of the time I have wasted. I am almost 60 and in very poor health, without the safety net of a lifetime of savings.

I have to curtail my anger otherwise I would take it out on my wife who is largely PIMI although some things do niggle her.

But along with the anger at the new organisation I also feel a void and an emptiness as I am a spiritual person inside but for now am unsure in which direction to turn. Sometimes I get angry at myself for not catching on to TTATT sooner. But that only leads me to anxiety and depression, which I have had therapy for in the past.

I just feel a great sadness reading through all your posts, and whilst I see that I am not alone in my feelings, I struggle with channelling my feelings in a positive way to improve my mood.

Love to you all.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I cant deal with the fact that - as soon as your heart stops - it will be like you never existed.

Really having an issue with it.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I hope our experiences accomplish two things...keep others from getting sucked into the cult from hell and waking others up to salvage the time they have remaining in their lives.

• steve2
    steve2

Sour Grapes, if 'the older you get the angrier you become', we can be thankful you will not live to be as old as Methuselah. If you're super angry at 100, imagine how much angrier you'd be when you are several hundred years old. It doesn't bear thinking about...

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Sour Grapes I hear you. Turning 60, this year and I sincerely empathize with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit