Scientology special on A&E tonight with Leah Remini

by nonjwspouse 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I'm not sure where it is airing elsewhere, but on the A&E channel, at 7p then again at 10p EST tonight, Leah Remini is doing a Scientology special. It looks to be a great show. I am not sure if it is one time, or the beginnings of a series. Wouldn't that be awesome, to have a series of shows on this? It sure does open a much needed door in my opinion.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Its a mini-series on scientology.

• baker
    baker

If you substitute Jehovah,s witnesses with scientology its uncanny how they are similar. Especially where Leah in the 70,s met the Scientologist in Brooklyn, just wonder if she also met the other cult...

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I don't know much about Leah Remini but based upon what I've seen and heard, the image I've projected onto her is one of favor. I only hope she doesn't turn up missing after all this....as bad as JW's are about ruining people's lives, I'd say the Scientologists are capable of some scary stuff.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I see it is on again a little after 2pm est. on A&E. I agree she is likely in danger! She needs to invest in a bodyguard.

The similarities to JW are SO strong.

• baker
    baker

Uh oh, the most prominent Jw celebrities are dead, Michael Jackson, Prince, who died before their natural time, conspiracy theorist , take over...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NONJWSPOUSE:

I watched the show with Leah Remini. All I can say is WOW!

This is the granddaddy of cults and it's very scary. She is very courageous and I'm glad she did this expose. I also hope she has a bodyguard! I was floored by the interviews with those other (ex)church members, especially the guy who thought he was going to get shot if he left.

It seems to me all these groups/cults have a similar template of control, coercion and conformity. They have a practice that exactly rivals Jehovah's Witnesses' Disfellowshipping! (Only worse, of course.)

While Witnesses don't have the money or vast complex to do what this Church does, the similarities are there and any Witness with a brain who watches this show or reads her book cannot deny this.

JW Lurkers: wake up.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

My wife recorded it. Maybe more seeds of doubt will be planted with regards to the org.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It was very good, the similarities to JWS are jaw dropping, even thought the Scientologists make better TV due to a handful of high-profile celebrities, and a more aggressive apostate programs with things like the RPF.

• flipper
    flipper

I have a lot of admiration for Leah Remini to put this together. Takes a lot of courage after what she went through being abused by the Scientology cult herself. My wife and I read her book . Outstanding, I highly recommend reading it if you are able to get a copy. I didn't watch this last night- but I intend to watch it tonight or tomorrow on Xfinity on demand on cable . Nice feature to have to catch shows we missed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit