Disgusted By Today's WT Study 12/6/15

by JW_Rogue 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

No, not because of the message of deluding yourself into seeing the hand of God working in mundane WT activities. That is to be expected from this org. What really bothered me was the quote in paragraph one. The nerve they have to mentionTyphoon Haiyan after what had happened there. Witnesses died in Kingdom Halls after being told they would be safe there. What does that say about God's hand and blessing on this org? If you don't know the story you can read more here: http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/why-the-governing-body-owes-an-explanation-for-what-happened-in-the-philippines

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

What I found disgusting is how the study was littered with Jehovah's name in every paragraph. And then having to hear members express their dying devotion to the Org by way of Jehovah was quite nauseating.

I zoned out and tried to take my mind elsewhere until the suffering was over.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I feel for those who still have to endure one of those WT studies for whatever reason.

• millie210
    millie210

How about that paragraph that talks about all the victories the Org has won since 2000?

I wonder if they can really back that statement up with proof?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I felt the same way... today.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

How about that paragraph that talks about all the victories the Org has won since 2000?

And where is the paragraph about all the losses the Org has lost since 2000?

• blondie
    blondie

*** w08 9/15 pp. 8-9 pars. 7-8 Jehovah Is “the Provider of Escape” for Us ***

7 The modern history of Jehovah’s Witnesses provides proof that Jehovah will never allow the extermination of his people as a group. (Ps. 116:15) What, though, about us as individuals? How does Jehovah provide escape for us personally?

What About Physical Protection?

8 As individuals, we know that our immediate physical protection is not guaranteed. We take the position expressed by the three faithful Hebrews who refused to bow down to King Nebuchadnezzar’s image of gold. Those God-fearing young men did not presume that Jehovah would miraculously protect them from physical harm. (Read Daniel 3:17, 18.) As matters turned out, Jehovah did deliver them from the flames of the fiery furnace. (Dan. 3:21-27) Even in Bible times, however, miraculous deliverance was the exception rather than the rule. Many faithful servants of Jehovah died at the hands of opposers.—Heb. 11:35-37.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

When I was in, I knew that every time I flushed the crapper, it was the finger of Jah that was moving upon the waters.

• blondie
    blondie
    NN, how does that work in an outhouse?
  • prologos
    prologos

gravity alone working for ~14 billion years, heavy brown down,-- warm, light, aromatic air up.-- added:.re wt study: the benefit of hard hearing of seniors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit