Neanderthals - Meet Your Ancestors

by Earnest 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone
    I notice fundies have started using Latin to conceal their intellectual shortcomings; it isn't working.
  • mikeflood
    mikeflood

Super mega sick new light for the new convention....the Neanderthal were the.... Nefilim...the powerful of antiquity...!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Still would ignore the facts of course mikeflood, but I have long wondered if there was indeed some memory of the neanderthals in the stories of old.

For example, were the females that "Adam" rejected a little too hairy for him, until a near hairless "Eve" was presented ?

• sir82
    sir82

Super mega sick new light for the new convention....the Neanderthal were the.... Nefilim...the powerful of antiquity...!

I'm pretty sure I've heard more than one JW "speculate" about this, in informal settings. Pretty sure yu'll never see that in print though.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Yes, Jehovah created the Neanderthals and wiped them off due to their rebelliousness.

Would Satan have tempted the Neanderthals ? Possibly. But the Bible does not mention it.

Wondering what their forbidden thing was ?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

EQV

The beauty of science, indeed the whole point, is to falsify what we thought we knew before.

If it can't be falsified, its not science. Which is why religious belief is not scientific, since it cannot be falsified.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

People get confused as to what science is and does.

Science doesn't DO or believe (or say, or prove).

Science is the study of the world (or universe) around us in an attempt to better understand it.

When done without bias, science is a useful tool to coming to a better plausible understanding of how things are (or were) and can be used to falsify some ideas or reinforce others.

When used inappropriately, it can help control large masses of people, rob people of money/energy/life.

Too much of "science" today is just grant-chasing b.s. and special interest which helps keep us ignorant on so many levels.

Yay! for science

Boo! for selfish people

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Then geneticists were able to recover some samples of DNA and it appeared that they never bred with humans. With improved techniques more of their genome has been decoded showing that we did in fact share some ancestry with them.

The Dahm triplets [ Nichole, Erica and Jaclyn ] born Dec 12, 1977.

DNA test taken when they were adults revealed the following:

Nichole – 18% Irish and British

Erica – 16% Irish and British

Nichole – 11% German and French

Jaclyn – 18% German and French

Erica – 22.3% German and French

Nichole - 11.4% Scandinavian

Jaclyn - 7.4 % Scandinavian

Erica - 7.4% Scandinavian

Interesting.

Even more interesting, no mention of any Neanderthal DNA. Must have made a mistake.

Wait, science making a mistake. Can't be.

• cofty
    cofty

EQV - Is THAT your challenge to the science of genetics? Really?

Home testing for ancestry is bullshit - sorry to all the people above in this thread who shared their 'results'.

It's almost as silly as people reading their horoscopes and then criticising the Hubble telescope because the predictions didn't come true.

Read some actual science books FFS. The pride you take in your wilful ignorance is embarrassing.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In my experience, and from what I’ve read, 23andme are spot on, down to what generation comes from France, identifying relatives, shape of ears, beard colour and whatever else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit