Neanderthals - Meet Your Ancestors

by Earnest 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I would think having even a .5% amount to be beneficial as a bigger gene pool, apparently they found each other mutually sexually attracted to each other.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I posed the question to an Elder that, as I have a percentage of neanderthal DNA, and they died out at the latest 35,000 years ago, how does this fit in with the Adam and Eve and Satan story as espoused by the JW Org. ?????

He simply could not assimilate this information, after along conversation that meandered on to many another topic, he returned to talking as though the Garden of Eden story was true !

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Earnest --It turns out that almost everything we thought we knew about them is wrong. They weren't hunched, grunting, knuckle-dragging ape-men at all. In reality they were faster, smarter, better looking - and much more like us than we ever thought.

jp1692 -- Scientists try to find empirical data and objective evidence to help us understand how things really are. Peer review and repeatability are essential to a working hypothesis. Scientists welcome questions and must be willing to admit when they are wrong when the evidence indicates otherwise.

Previously - Our empirical evidence proves the Neanderthals were hunched, grunting, knuckle-dragging ape men.

Now - Our empirical evidence proves the Neanderthals were faster, smarter, better looking - and much more like us than we ever thought.

Oops, were were wrong but now we're right.

• flipper
    flipper

My DNA test I took on 23&Me DNA website said I'm 3.1 % Neanderthal, which makes me 98 % more Neanderthal than the rest of mankind. My son is 2.7 % . Only 2 % of humans have more Neanderthal in them than me ! I was in the top tier percentage wise of my over 1,000 relatives or distant cousins on the 23 & Me website !

I play a mean game of Scrabble with my wife . Animals , wild & domestic love me to pieces. I talk with birds and they talk back. My instincts of smell are very acute. First time Mrs. Flipper & I went on a date, I smelled her. Fortunately it didn't freak her out, actually kind of turned her on- hey we're still together after 12 years !

So we Neanderthals can be lots of fun ! I play guitar, sing & howl at the moon, enjoy romance with my wife, love hiking in the woods, and growing a kick ass vegetable garden. I mean- how much more earthy could this hippy Neanderthal be ? Fortunately I do believe in taking great showers daily and I use deodorant , so the human side of me outweighs the Neanderthal side . lol. I raise my glass and toast all of you Neanderthals out there ! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"Oops, were were wrong but now we're right." - uselatinnametotrytoappearsmart

If you can't be bothered to educate yourself to a level that allows you to understand the rudimentary history of this topic then what do you think you are doing commenting on these threads?

This isn't a kingdom hall where that type of behaviour passes for educated reasoning...

• cofty
    cofty

EQV - Initially paleontologists had a few fossils to go on. Neanderthals were clearly hominid but not Homo sapien. More and more samples were discovered allowing scientists to say more about their anatomy. Sites where they lived and died were discovered revealing facts about their culture.

Then geneticists were able to recover some samples of DNA and it appeared that they never bred with humans. With improved techniques more of their genome has been decoded showing that we did in fact share some ancestry with them.

Science progresses constantly as new discoveries opens up new possibilities for research.

Your ignorance is not interesting to anybody. Read a book FFS!

• Earnest
    Earnest

cofty : Neanderthals were clearly hominid but not Homo sapien.

Genesis 1:25 says that God proceeded to make the wild beast of the earth according to its kind and the domestic animal according to its kind and every moving animal of the ground according to its kind.

Then when Noah was told to take the animals on the ark, Genesis 6:20 says "of the flying creatures according to their kinds and of the domestic animals according to their kinds, of all moving animals of the ground acccording to their kinds..."

Regardless of whether one believes the creation or the flood accounts, I am quite interested on what it means to say "according to its kind". The genus homo includes Homo habilis, Homo rudolfensis, Homo erectus, Homo naledi, Homo antecessor, Homo neanderthalensis, Homo heidelbergensis, Homo floresiensis, the Denisova hominins and Homo sapiens. Whether or not Homo sapiens could procreate with all members of this family, there seems to be evidence that he did procreate with Homo neanderthalensis which, I think in the Biblical sense, would make them to be of the same kind.

If it is accepted that this [the ability to procreate] is the Biblical meaning of the Hebrew word מִין (min), meaning kind, then the existence of the first of this kind must be considerably older than currently conjectured by fundamentalists, including Jehovah's Witnesses.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HI FLIPPER:

I did that ancestry test not too long ago and I also got a small amount of Neanderthal.😊

Very interesting other results as well which confirmed a family story.

• flipper
    flipper

LONG HAIR GAL- Yeah, it was really interesting taking the DNA test. I was really surprised I was 3.1 % Neanderthal. My wife thinks it's sexy though, so hey, that's what counts with me. I don't walk around dragging her by her hair or anything or walk around with a club like Fred Flintstone- I promise . I'm a pretty normal guy. lol. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Neanderthals died out 35,000 years ago (approx.), so for us to have their DNA they must have passed that on through Adam and Eve, why did the Neanderthals die ? they cannot have sinned by eating of the tree can they ?

Who were Adam and Eves parents then ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit